Brutale Luggage Question Answered (at least for me) with pics! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Brutale Luggage Question Answered (at least for me) with pics!

CorTech system

OK OK, I have made a heck of a lot of long trips on the Bruty. Luggage has always been an issue especially since I am running the factory pipe. A while ago I got the CorTech tail bag. I love this bag and actually have actually used this as carry on for trips to and from Singapore. I will tell you if all you need is a tank bag, get this one. Itís not too expensive, it doesnít damage paint, keeps the rain off without the included rain cover, carries well when used off the bike, holds a ton of stuff and is quickly attached and removed. Recently I had to take about a 12 hour trip to Dallas and opted to get the modular pannier bags that clip right to the tail bags. ANYONE with a Bruty knows that this is a tough thing to pull off since the tail pipe is so high. THESE WORK! The critical part of this deal is wrapping the pipe. This fiberglass wrap can be bought at Cycle Gear along with the bags and affixed with fat zip ties (bags require no zip ties). The right side pannier just barely hits the pipe but the bags have heat protection and the wrap seals the deal. No signs of melting. They appear smaller then they are when they are new. Once you load um up they hold a ton of stuff and are more that good for long runs at 110mph. I wish I had better pics but I donít right now as I am in Mexico and the bike is in Dallas. I think this is a better option than putting funky brackets on the bike or drilling holes in the rear pillion, at least for me.. You might also notice in the photos that my headlight lens has fallen off. I ran the bike for weeks and on trips up to 12 hrs in rain at times like this.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...m=HEL_82-416_G

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...tem=HEL_82-411

PS

I use a cheap as Chinese Gel pad for the long trips and really like it. I almost bought an AirHawk, that was close.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 AM

Wow -- that's quite a load. Thanks for posting the recommendations for the tailbag, seems like a good option.

I've got the Arrow Thunder short pipe on my Brute, and have removed the passenger pegs as well. It looks like these bags sit high enough so that they wouldn't lean into my rear wheel, either .... another plus.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:38 AM

Thanks for the input, finally some solution without drilling holes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
For you Brutie folks...Long before I was able to acquire my F4, I have used these Cortech bags with great success on different bikes and loaded them up fairly well for long periods. One trip was 1800 miles on my Monster...anyway, they are a great system and a good deal too. Rugged and backed by Coretec. Highly Reccomended!!
Attached Images

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 AM

would you hapen to have a link for that exhaust wrap? I searched their site and couldn't find it
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrossk View Post
would you hapen to have a link for that exhaust wrap? I searched their site and couldn't find it

BIGGITY BAM!!!
http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/bgcq_index.php

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...alse&N=700+115

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...m=exhaust+wrap

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/ther...alexhaust.html

But you can go to Cycle Gear, they have it the just dont advertise it for some reason.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 PM

thanks for that!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
For you Brutie folks...Long before I was able to acquire my F4, I have used these Cortech bags with great success on different bikes and loaded them up fairly well for long periods. One trip was 1800 miles on my Monster...anyway, they are a great system and a good deal too. Rugged and backed by Coretec. Highly Reccomended!!

GOOD GOD THAT YAMAHA IS BAGGED OUT!!!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 07:15 AM

One (maybe stupid) question: how do you get one the bike, when it's loaded like that? You can't swing your foot over passenger seat like normally. Do you grab it with hands and put it over riders seat? I can't see any other option.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Well, I am 6'2" with a decent inseam. Even with the leathers on I was able to swing my leg over...not easily though. I was loaded for a 10 day run to Laconia NH fo rBike Week and the weather called for exremely chaning conditions...so there is also an Aerostich suit in a bag under the tail bag...that's what made it a bit taller than it looks on the Monster shot...it was a bit like riding with a fat girl on board~!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode