Brutale Tank Protectors? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale Tank Protectors?

My stock tank protector (you know, the little gel piece at the seat-tank junction) could use an update. I mean it's in fine condition, but I get a little queasy when I see imitation carbon on my italian stallion, when my japanese rocket has a true carbon piece. It doesn't have to be carbon, but I'm wondering what I could put on there that would look decent. I'd prefer it not to say "910" or anything like that, I don't want to mislead. "CRC" or "Brutale" would be fine though. Just curious what's available. I haven't seen all the stock variations, and I don't know what the aftermarket has to offer.

I also noticed on the 989 and 1078 that the top is a V shape, not curved like the older models. Looks pretty nice to me.

Oh and while I'm at it, anybody have any creative solutions for the knee-wear marks? I've seen a couple attempts to put clear plastic protectors or c-f stickers on.

"...and as I shifted into 6th, the engine screaming ferociously beneath me, I stared into the face of god." - Johnny

'05 MV Agusta Brutale S 750 (Nero)
'05 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM

I,ve got ventureshield protection on the tank sides & i also custom cut one above the tank pad..works well
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks, I just ordered a ventureshield kit, looks like a pretty good product.

"...and as I shifted into 6th, the engine screaming ferociously beneath me, I stared into the face of god." - Johnny

'05 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Been talking to Al at ClearBraUSA, pretty good people, and they're local for me. He's got me set up with the Brutale kit, which I ordered online, but after a couple e-mails I found out that he stocks a number of other kits for older bikes not listed on his website. Just for anybody interested, it helps to know that what's on the site isn't all that's available. I plan on getting a kit for my GSX-R 600 which isn't listed (04-05).

Still wondering about my original inquiry though. Anybody have some pix of different factory tank protectors? I'd love to find an online catologue of them, but that's probably a stretch.

'05 Suzuki GSX-R 600
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySplat View Post
Still wondering about my original inquiry though. Anybody have some pix of different factory tank protectors? I'd love to find an online catologue of them, but that's probably a stretch.
I have one from emoto, there's a pic of it in my album.

Barry
08 Brutale 910S, 11 BMW K1300S
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Hey I see where Clear Bra USA has the side pieces and headlight in the 3M protectant. Does anyone know of a place that sells the piece already cut for the back of the tank that your jacket zipper would brush? Getting bike custom painted. Pitched the fake gel piece that came on the tank. Hoping to get real carbon protector from Design Corse once they have that in the works, but until then, will need something nice looking- would prefer the clear 3M look.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode