MV Agusta Forum banner

The truth about the exhaust for the 2007 Rs

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  spalding12 
#1 · (Edited)
Today's news about the 2007 Brutale 910R exhaust... July bikes will be 2007s

In July, 100 Rs will be imported into the US
only 50 have arrived in the US so far (and most of those folks are on this board)

the bikes coming will be 2007 designation
(my BMW K1200GT that will come in august is ALSO a 2007 bike)

same money
but, the bikes will come with
1. new midpipe
2. new slip-ons
3. NO NEW HEAD/JUST THE SAME ONE FROM THE S MODEL

i talked to someone at Cagiva US
he told me that the hold up in YOUR 2006 racing exhaust is the headers which were promised to you and will be coming
but, my 2007 bike will have no new header
and one will never be coming to me
i'll just get the midpipe and slip-on
that will give 75-80% of the extra power and ALL of the "extra" SOUND

this is the word today from Cagiva USA
it is the truth

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Today's news about the 2007 Brutale 910R exhaust... July bikes will be 2007s

for the record,
i did NOT get permission from the guy to whom i spoke to mention his name
suffice it to say that what i just wrote above is the 100% truth
it does NOT say when the exhausts will be coming for the 50 910Rs already in the US.... he didn't even know that
in fact, when i asked him about it, he politely chuckled and restated that
"the company knew that folks wouldn't want to wait 5 months for their bikes... so they shipped them without them)

the 50 lucky 2006 owners will get the FULL RACE SYSTEM
the 2007 and beyond folks will have to find their OWN new header

#3 ·
Im curious, are the "new" slip ons going to be street legal or just non Ti versions of a race system? Also, are they reducing the price of the 2007 by the value of a Ti system? I just have a "pedestrian" 910S, but I feel with a $300 Arrow midpipe, BMC airfilter and a PC III I am going to get really close to a stock 910R in terms of power. Of course, I dont have the cooler wheels and Brembo brakes. I have the traditional red/silver, which I prefer (I like red italians) and with the modest mods I have planned, I think that I come very close to the performance of the 910R for a fraction of the price. Just my opinion, but not disparage anyone's decision to get an 910r, they will always be that special edition of the Brutale

Lorenzo

#4 ·
lorenzotx said:
Im curious, are the "new" slip ons going to be street legal or just non Ti versions of a race system? Also, are they reducing the price of the 2007 by the value of a Ti system? I just have a "pedestrian" 910S, but I feel with a $300 Arrow midpipe, BMC airfilter and a PC III I am going to get really close to a stock 910R in terms of power. Of course, I dont have the cooler wheels and Brembo brakes. I have the traditional red/silver, which I prefer (I like red italians) and with the modest mods I have planned, I think that I come very close to the performance of the 910R for a fraction of the price. Just my opinion, but not disparage anyone's decision to get an 910r, they will always be that special edition of the Brutale

Lorenzo
Hey Lorenzo,
i guess they are NOT going to raise the price of the 2007, despite its popularity.... but, in turn, they will offer LESS... no new header.
no comment was made about the "legality" of the new slip-on/midpipe
i just know that they will be EXACTLY the same ones that the 2006 folks are waiting for...
just no header (which is the ONLY thing that is holding up the "promised" exhausts)

of course the 2007 bikes will come with an ALTERED EPROM CHIP from the "S" so no PCIII will be needed to tune the bike on a dyno (FWIW)

#5 ·
You may want to consider a PC III just to be able to get a custom map of your specific bike at the local Dyno shop. My understanding is that stock mapping is not necessarily performance oriented, but designed more to meet the required EPA, governement, ect... requiremnents. Every bike is a little different and a custom dyno job has produced some very nice power curves here on the forum.

Lorenzo

#6 ·
lorenzotx said:
You may want to consider a PC III just to be able to get a custom map of your specific bike at the local Dyno shop. My understanding is that stock mapping is not necessarily performance oriented, but designed more to meet the required EPA, governement, ect... requiremnents. Every bike is a little different and a custom dyno job has produced some very nice power curves here on the forum.

Lorenzo
that is absolutely right
i just need to find someone in my town who is proficient in tuning a brutale....
i can find tons of folks who can tune a japanese bike... but i'm not as sure about my sexy italian steed :crazyeyes

#7 ·
I get my PC III here in the next few days and I very interested to find out the difference between Dyna's maps and the stock maps. I have not done any mods as of yet so the difference will be interesting. First, I will compare stock maps with Dyna's maps on a fully stock bike. In a few weeks I will get the midpipe, BMC filter and trot down to the local Honda dealer, who is an authorized Dyna dealer, and hook things up. They charge $200+ for the custom mapping and I hope to get things as good as they can get for my little Italian hottie.

Lorenzo

#8 ·
lorenzotx said:
I get my PC III here in the next few days and I very interested to find out the difference between Dyna's maps and the stock maps. I have not done any mods as of yet so the difference will be interesting. First, I will compare stock maps with Dyna's maps on a fully stock bike. In a few weeks I will get the midpipe, BMC filter and trot down to the local Honda dealer, who is an authorized Dyna dealer, and hook things up. They charge $200+ for the custom mapping and I hope to get things as good as they can get for my little Italian hottie.

Lorenzo
$200.00 is cheap
sounds great to me
i can't wait to hear about your results
please keep us informed

#9 ·
spalding12 said:
i can find tons of folks who can tune a japanese bike... but i'm not as sure about my sexy italian steed :crazyeyes
This kills me about stupid dyno operators. the tuning process is the same for all bikes! If he can tune an R1, R6, GSXR1000, CBR1000, CBr600 it is the same! :jerkoff:

They burn the same gas, not olive oil!!! Combustions is combustion and the air/fuel ratio is identical. Just tell the operator to shoot for 13.0-1 for full throttle and 13.2 for cruise. If he looks confused, run away. :later: Also, find a real "Tuning link" center. Do you want your bike on the dyno for 4 hours or 1 hour??

I'll tell you exactly what the MV chip does when it comes in. (if anything)

John T

#10 ·
airfuel said:
This kills me about stupid dyno operators. the tuning process is the same for all bikes! If he can tune an R1, R6, GSXR1000, CBR1000, CBr600 it is the same! :jerkoff:

They burn the same gas, not olive oil!!! Combustions is combustion and the air/fuel ratio is identical. Just tell the operator to shoot for 13.0-1 for full throttle and 13.2 for cruise. If he looks confused, run away. :later: Also, find a real "Tuning link" center. Do you want your bike on the dyno for 4 hours or 1 hour??

I'll tell you exactly what the MV chip does when it comes in. (if anything)

John T
i think we all know plenty of places where folks had the money to buy a dyno... but never learned how to use it.
you just have to know who to trust.... it isn't always easy

#11 ·
spalding12 said:
i think we all know plenty of places where folks had the money to buy a dyno... but never learned how to use it.
you just have to know who to trust.... it isn't always easy
Exactly!! If you ask some basic questions, you will know if you are dealing with a :jerkoff:

Let me know if I can help you in any way.
And, all you other people with Power Commanders, learn to get into your maps, and I can tell you how to greatly reduce your on/off jerkiness.

John T

#12 ·
airfuel said:
Exactly!! If you ask some basic questions, you will know if you are dealing with a :jerkoff:

Let me know if I can help you in any way.
And, all you other people with Power Commanders, learn to get into your maps, and I can tell you how to greatly reduce your on/off jerkiness.

John T
thanks for that offer, john
i really appreciate it

#15 · (Edited)
Congratulations Greg, I see you have already decided on the 910R. It was good to learn that I have one of only 50 '06 models. Even at my age I have to return to the garage just to look at it every now and then. I can't see that the Ti header will make any noticable difference if you get the chip with the cans and midpipe on the '07 that comes with the '06 upgrade. Otherwise I guess a PCIII will be needed to match the '06s 144 Hp with the upgrade. I probably will never notice the 8 extra ponies but it is just one of those little ego things to know it is there and only 50 of them are in the US. Now for the Carbon fibre kit mods!

#16 ·
Brutaleman said:
Congratulations Greg, I see you have already decided on the 910R. It was good to learn that I have one of only 50 '06 models.
i hope that i will be riding my 910R within 3 weeks

#17 ·
spalding12 said:
for the record,
i did NOT get permission from the guy to whom i spoke to mention his name
suffice it to say that what i just wrote above is the 100% truth
it does NOT say when the exhausts will be coming for the 50 910Rs already in the US.... he didn't even know that
in fact, when i asked him about it, he politely chuckled and restated that
"the company knew that folks wouldn't want to wait 5 months for their bikes... so they shipped them without them)

the 50 lucky 2006 owners will get the FULL RACE SYSTEM
the 2007 and beyond folks will have to find their OWN new header
This means that the people who buy the designated "2007" models will get their exhaust, albeit without the headers. Those of us who bought the bike months ago may still have to wait ... hopefully before the end of next summer?

#18 ·
that is a question he could not answer
not because he didn't want to, but he didn't KNOW the answer

obviously the headers are in terrible short supply, hence the 2007 never going to come with one. i guess it IS conceivable that 100 2007 bikes will come stateside with the new midpipe/slip-on/eprom to match before the headers are available to ship with the plentiful (?) midpipe/slip-ons.... promised to the 50 "R" owners of 2006 models

i surely hope that won't be the case
it's possible that they will HOLD all '07 bikes until full satisfaction is given to the '06 owners.....
that might be somewhat LESS ridiculous...... maybe

#19 ·
Spalding, on your very first post, you said that the 07 R models are coming with a different HEAD... like the 910S version!

Did you mean header?

#20 ·
sorry about my mistype
the 2007 Brutale 910Rs will come with

1. the SAME header from the S bikes
2. a new midpipe and slip-on (the same ones promised to 2006 R owners.... yet to be delivered)
3. an EPROM chip with proper mapping for the new exhaust components

2007 owners will NOT get a new header.... and, therefore, do NOT get a new "full system" exhaust

of course, this is because it is the HEADER that is holding up MVs fulfillment of the promise to 2006 R purchasers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.