Fuel mileage dropped! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Fuel mileage dropped!

Well it may be to early to tell be but I think my mileage dropped by 15%. I put a mid pipe arrow shorty, BMC air filter PCIII and a custom map. I use to get between 112-117 before the light would come on. Today it came on at 95 mile ( this is the first full tank I ran since getting the mods). Wow and i thought I get better mileage with the map and mid pipe. I guess not.

PS. I did get 15 more HP after the mods and it's like a new beast! So I guess it equal 15 HP for 15% mileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Want better mileage????don't twist the throttle so much. Seriously, variables prevent comparing one tank to the next. Watch over a long term and see what you get. But more HP might equal more fuel burned.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:32 AM

More =more fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:05 AM

I had an interesting comment made to me by a friend the other day about MV fuel consumption.

Mine is using the whole tank to do what it use to do, before the fuel lite came on 2 years ago. His comment was that MV's because of their fuelling maps wash the oil off the cylinder walls giving premature wear therefore we shouldn't expect a longlife engine. Those who use to complain of the the smell of fuel after getting off on a long ride. Can attest to excessive fuel consumption.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:41 AM

First of all i like to say hello. I registered today so this is my first posting. I'm from Germany but i like your discussions here. And also i like to improve my English :-)

To the topic: For sure as you have more power, you will need more fuel. If you use it the same way like before you should have more mileage. I have also mapped my standard 750 Brutale, but did not get it back from the shop yet. I also have ordered a PC universal hub so that i can switch between a cruising map (if the road is strait) and power map, with maximum power output. At the end you can turn like you want. These babies never wíll win a "green" price.

@ Kiwidoc: I dot think that the lifetime is reduced by to much fuel (at normal outside temperature). The 750 are very relialable. Also i never had heard about probs with worn out cylinders or pistions.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 AM

My 750 ran very rich, and at 23,000 miles, showed zero signs of internal wear.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaily View Post
FTo the topic: For sure as you have more power, you will need more fuel.
Hello and welcome! You're here with excactly the same reasons as I am.

But for fuelling: There are numerous bikes on the market with better mileage and more power than Brutale. And generally, better fuelling and less restrained breathing (=race exhausts) improves not just power but also consumption. Althou... I'm not convinced weather that's very easy to achieve... I've done that (exhaust & fuelling) mod three times in three different bikes, and never had any improvement on mileage...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwidoc View Post
His comment was that ... we shouldn't expect a longlife engine.
Yea, they always say that... Don't they?

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaily View Post
First of all i like to say hello. I registered today so this is my first posting. I'm from Germany but i like your discussions here. And also i like to improve my English :-)

To the topic: For sure as you have more power, you will need more fuel. If you use it the same way like before you should have more mileage. I have also mapped my standard 750 Brutale, but did not get it back from the shop yet. I also have ordered a PC universal hub so that i can switch between a cruising map (if the road is strait) and power map, with maximum power output. At the end you can turn like you want. These babies never wll win a "green" price.

@ Kiwidoc: I dot think that the lifetime is reduced by to much fuel (at normal outside temperature). The 750 are very relialable. Also i never had heard about probs with worn out cylinders or pistions.
Welcome!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 08:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to ptitbeberose
I just picked up my bike from the dyno yesterday. I had Chip map the PCIII for economy at small throttle openings and power at larger ones. I'll report after a few tanks.
Welcome to the forum.

2004 Brutale America
2000 Heritage softail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode