MV Agusta Forum banner

Got my midpipe today :)

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JohnnySplat 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share my excitement with everybody. I'm gonna go install it now, but I thought I'd make sure to mention Gearitalia.com. I don't know if anybody else has used them, but I have to say I have no complaints. Well almost. The only thing is they didn't send me a shipping confirmation or tracking number. I probably could have asked for one and they would have sent it. I contacted them a couple times before ordering and they always answered promptly and politely. I barely had time to wish for a shipping confirmation though, as I ordered it monday, and received it today (thursday). Can't argue with that. Anyway I'm off to make some noise for the neighbors.

#2 ·
I'll check them out. Anywho, enjoy the midpipe and don't forget to do the rest of the mod (bmc air filter and power commander or EPROM)

Even though my neighbors hate me, I still get thumbs up while I'm revving the engine on the street.

#3 ·
Got a filter on the way, and I'll have to buy a PC soon. Just looked at emoto. Their selection is rediculous, so I suppose I should mention that gearitalia is kind of a small operation. But if you're in the states and they happen to have what you need, don't hesitate to buy. Too bad emoto has such a reputation. Oh well, I'll get by.

#5 ·
I ordered from Pete at Gearitalia in the past and I have to admit, they're probably the best I've ever dealt with, and the prices were lower than every one I checked. Fast response and fast shipping on top of it! Great guys!

#8 ·
The answer is a definite maybe. I changed the mid pipe on my Brutale 750, when I had one, with no issues. I changed the midpipe on my 1000 with no issues. I changed the midpipe on my 910R and had to have a PC. I could have changed the eprom but I chose the PC3 and a custom map.

I swapped a midpipe for the stock one on a 910s and had no problem either. I don't know if there was an eprom change but it made no difference.

CAG

#11 ·
Well I can tell you it definately helped with the running temps. Mine used to have a lot of heat buildup in the cat and when I'd warm it up, it took about half as long to reach operating temps as my suzuki. Nice to know it's not cold blooded, but you don't want to let it sit at idle (or at a stoplight) for too long. Now it warms up a lot more gradually, I'm not so afraid of it overheating.

As for emissions, I'm outside of DMV testing area :naughty: so I can do pretty much whatever.

btw, anybody interested in buying my c/f thunder kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.