Got my midpipe today :) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Got my midpipe today :)

Thought I'd share my excitement with everybody. I'm gonna go install it now, but I thought I'd make sure to mention Gearitalia.com. I don't know if anybody else has used them, but I have to say I have no complaints. Well almost. The only thing is they didn't send me a shipping confirmation or tracking number. I probably could have asked for one and they would have sent it. I contacted them a couple times before ordering and they always answered promptly and politely. I barely had time to wish for a shipping confirmation though, as I ordered it monday, and received it today (thursday). Can't argue with that. Anyway I'm off to make some noise for the neighbors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 PM

I'll check them out. Anywho, enjoy the midpipe and don't forget to do the rest of the mod (bmc air filter and power commander or EPROM)

Even though my neighbors hate me, I still get thumbs up while I'm revving the engine on the street.

Time is a delusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Got a filter on the way, and I'll have to buy a PC soon. Just looked at emoto. Their selection is rediculous, so I suppose I should mention that gearitalia is kind of a small operation. But if you're in the states and they happen to have what you need, don't hesitate to buy. Too bad emoto has such a reputation. Oh well, I'll get by.

"...and as I shifted into 6th, the engine screaming ferociously beneath me, I stared into the face of god." - Johnny

'05 MV Agusta Brutale S 750 (Nero)
'05 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 PM

Yeah, life is hard, isn't it?

Time is a delusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Established Member

I ordered from Pete at Gearitalia in the past and I have to admit, they're probably the best I've ever dealt with, and the prices were lower than every one I checked. Fast response and fast shipping on top of it! Great guys!

2007 Ducati MS4Rs(sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tri.(sold)
2004 Moto Corse Brutale America(sold) 2006 Ducati 999R (sold)
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2010 Ducati 1198S Corse
2012 Multistrada 1200 PP
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 AM

Bought my damper from them, http://gearitalia.com/product.asp?ID=1001&C=1&S=2
The deal took more than a month due to late italian delivery TO gearitalia, but Pete communicated this very fair to me troughout the delay.
Result: respect, will buy again anytime.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstoppable View Post
I'll check them out. Anywho, enjoy the midpipe and don't forget to do the rest of the mod (bmc air filter and power commander or EPROM)

Even though my neighbors hate me, I still get thumbs up while I'm revving the engine on the street.

Sorry for the thread hijack, and I've read on here before about changing midpipe, it seems some conflicting things, if you change the midpipe do you HAVE to change the eprom?

Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The answer is a definite maybe. I changed the mid pipe on my Brutale 750, when I had one, with no issues. I changed the midpipe on my 1000 with no issues. I changed the midpipe on my 910R and had to have a PC. I could have changed the eprom but I chose the PC3 and a custom map.

I swapped a midpipe for the stock one on a 910s and had no problem either. I don't know if there was an eprom change but it made no difference.

CAG
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
The answer is a definite maybe. I changed the mid pipe on my Brutale 750, when I had one, with no issues. I changed the midpipe on my 1000 with no issues. I changed the midpipe on my 910R and had to have a PC. I could have changed the eprom but I chose the PC3 and a custom map.

I swapped a midpipe for the stock one on a 910s and had no problem either. I don't know if there was an eprom change but it made no difference.

CAG
Thanks CAG!
I really want to do this mod, bike is bone stock but the mid-pipe looks so much better than the factory section!
Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
Thanks CAG!
I really want to do this mod, bike is bone stock but the mid-pipe looks so much better than the factory section!
Chris

Ditto, but I want to do it to help cool the engine a bit in addition to the performance gain. And for those that live in states with inspections, ever have any issues?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode