considering the 2006 brute - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
considering the 2006 brute

took one for a ride yesterday and like the fit and finish and power and ride....im 6' tall and 275lbs so the foot position was a bit uncomfy....i think with a 1-1.5" risers and some sort of foot relocation, i could actually enjoy this bike....i have only owned cruisers so to jump to a cafe style bike is a lot different....how are these bikes on say a 600mile trip???...any help/comments would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:43 PM

Coming from cruisers you may want to rethink, and maybe first get a less sporty machine; the power will surprise you.

Having done 1600 miles in 3 days I can tell you, it's certainly no sport-tourer--This bike is built for the track.

However, the bike is exceptional and most anyone will love it, if it doesn't kill them first
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:10 PM

Don't do it!

The Brutale is not for you. I'm 6'1", 185lbs.... and the Brutale is too small for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I assure you, it's fine for somebody 6'1".....I'm 6'1", but am LANKY, so my limbs would be on somebody around 6'5". To put it into perspective, I wear a 38R suit, but need the arms of a 42 or 44 if I wear it "long"...but I wear my suits like a european suit...a little short....

Point is, the bike isn't too small. It's just not as big as say, an R1...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Having done 1600 miles in 3 days I can tell you, it's certainly no sport-tourer--This bike is built for the track.
i'd LOVE to hear about those 1,600 miles... if you have the time and inclination to type something something for us

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 03:05 PM

I'm 5'11" @ 220# and thought the bike was comfy - only rode it for about 15 minutes but enough to get an idea that it's very ego friendly. Went back to back with a Ducati S4Rs and I thought the 910s was more comfortable. A little more upright (standard) sitting position than the Monster and better & smoother power. Remember that you control the rate of accent, but I would be mindful how hard you twist the right hand. Actually thought the layout of the controls and information was better sorted on the Ducati. The lights around the perimeter of the digital speedo was hard to see in the bright sunlight and the background field of the tach appears as if it would bleach out rather quickly - something to ask an owner though. The turn signal on the Brutale seemed not to be in the standard position and both my friend and hit constantly hit the horn instead of the signal indicator. But "flickability" is much better on the MV - though the brakes on the S model do not compare to the S4Rs - different league actually. Cannot say enough about the smooth way the 910 delivers it power - it was one of my favorite things about the bike - and trust me it's got plenty to deliver.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 03:38 PM

Buy it,you'll love it
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 03:50 PM

...... with all due respect!! My R1 LE is a Cadillac..... seriously! The most comfortable sportbike I've ever ridden.

I have documented my efforts(with pics!), on brutaleforum.com, to make my Brutale's(TWO!) more comfortable....... $600+ in handlebars later..... I gave up, went back to stock. I decided to STOP trying to adapt the motorcycle to me,- instead I tried to adapt ME to the motorcycle.

Please forgive me if I've given the wrong impression about MV's. I love them,- I've owned 3. One F4, 2 Brutale''s...... AND my Senna is on the way...

My honest opinion is that MV's, especially Brutales, are ideally suited for people shorter than 5' 10". They are really small bikes.

This is the only point I was trying to make......
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 PM

I will try to put together a monolouge of my trip soon; For now, see my gallery.

I agree MV's, particularly the Brutales are small, that's one of the reasons I like them so much. I am 5'3 140lbs. and the bike is MADE for me
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the caution khfx - I only have a 32" inseem so maybe that's why it seemed to fit me well. Prior to parting with any money (should I decide to do the MV thing) I'll take her for another romp and pay close attention to the egos. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Stuart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode