750 Brutale Exhaust question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Smile 750 Brutale Exhaust question

I've been a member here for a few months reading the forums, but this is my first post, so I suppose I should say HI.

Without a life story, my bike succession has been: '04 Suzuki GS500 - '05 Suzuki GSX-R 600 - '07 Ducati Monster S2R 800 - '05 MV Brutale S 750. While I'm thinking about it, just cause my brute is black, does that mean it's a nero or was the nero a specific model? (such as senna, mamba, etc.) Anyway, I sold the GS and the Duc, I'm loving the MV, and I still have the Gixxer.

Thinking about getting an arrow midpipe and eprom to wake her up a bit, or at very least to get rid of the cat. I know some people have done this mod with the stock cans, and I was wondering if it's noticably louder. I like the sound of the thunder, (especially on the 1078 brute, youtube, check it out) and compared to the MV Corse parts, it's a sweet bargain. However, I really like the stacked pipes and I kinda think the thunder makes it look more... dare I say Japanese? I'm not really worried about performance, it does fine by me, but I would like a little more rumble, and less heat from the cat.

Just looking for opinions, am I going to wish I'd got the thunder later on or what? Also, I'm not planning to get a PCIII right away, hoping it still runs decent.

Thanks in advance, and I'm impressed by this community already.

- Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to satan
they grey brute is nero opaco normal model no special series.

i have on my 750 brutale a bmc air filter, race eprom and the arrow midpipe with stock headers. eliminates the lack between 2-5000 rpm. and sound is better.

i love the design of the original cans so the only exhaust i would choose is the double arrow carbon because it keeps the look of the originals
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 PM

Welcome Johnny. I just installed an Arrow shorty and mid pipe ,PCIII and BMC airfilter. I'm getting a custom map on it as well. This was the advise from here on the forum. As soon as i get it back i'll let you know the difference and how it feels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM

I have the same setup as " Satan " except I bought the Arrow cans. I like the way they sound. It is not too load ( it won't make neigbors mad... ). The arrow cans come with DB killers. I like it without DB killers. You can look at my photo album and I have a short video of the exhaust. The sound quality is not the best but it will give you a idea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Bruatle S - Sold -
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2018 KTM Super Duke 1290R
2018 MV Dragster 800 RR
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM

Hi Johnny i wood save the money and spend it on a dyno set up
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard!

Definitely get the mid pipe. You may not need the pc3 or eprom.

It will change the sound of the exhaust for sure, and may wake it up a little bit.

CAG
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Sounds like the mid is the way to go. I would get the arrow carbon duals full system, but I have too many bikes and I need to do things a little here and a little there. (I also have 2 atv's). I wasn't initially thinking I need the eprom, but I found an arrow eprom for $55 on gearitalia.com (anybody have experience with them?), so I thought "why not?" Think it's all that different from the $150 one from FBF? I'll also get a BMC filter.

Does removing the cat noticably lower engine temps? My 'zook runs about 185-190f in the summer, and stays pretty steady regardless of speed or traffic conditions. The brutale is about the same, but it really heats up fast if I don't keep moving.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Established Member

Does removing the cat noticably lower engine temps?
No, not noticably ! it just increases fun :-) www.brutales.de
This will do :
muzzy blade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Established Member

Installed the arrow midpipe (no eprom or PC3) on my 750 and it changed/improved the personality of the bike substantially. Better/smoother throttle response was the most noticable difference. Just a bit louder than stock, and perhaps a bit faster. Then went to the full "race" system" as supplied with the '06 910R (still no eprom or PC3). Even better than before! Much smoother throttle, maybe a bit more power, and a most wonderfull sound. Much quieter than the shorty, but definitely louder than stock especially when you open the throttle.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Wallaman, might I ask how much you paid for the race system? Is it full titanium or stainless?

Oh, and has anybody bought that vesuvio alum. impeller? It sounds pretty overpriced, (if I had the specs I could have one machined), but if it works as well as they say, I might consider it.

Also, does $55 sound too good to be true for that eprom? I assume the arrow eprom is designed for use with arrow exhaust, and I wonder how much it alters the settings from normal. As it's been said, it's probably unnecessary with just the midpipe, but as long as it's not making it run way too rich (or lean), it's probably not a bad thing, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode