Engine swap 750 to 910 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Engine swap 750 to 910

Hi all,

Have just taken delivery of a s/h low milage 910 engine and am about to swap it out into Jens 750s Brute, I know a few of you have done the same sort of thing, any top tips or words of wisdom before I wield the spanners?

Cheers

jimbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM

Right on Jimbo ! I swapped a 1000R into my 750S. Its actually very easy to do. Did you get the harness and ECU from the 910 ? I started by pulling my 750 and leaving my 750 harness on the machine. While I unhooked the engine from the harness I made noted to where every connection went on the old harness so that when I placed the new harness into place it would all fall into place. After I had the 750 (engine) out I removed the old harnees and placed the new harness into position and slid the new engine into place hooking up all connections as I raised the engine into place. I had some other issues such as ECU mounting and air box issues that had to be worked, but other than that it was super easy. If you have never had an MV engine out there are some tips you will need to know. There is a spacer behind the bolts that run through your head on each side of the engine. That spacer is oblonged and may have to be turned upside down (as to the placement of the hole, ask CAG about that) to get the engine to match the frame. Also, there is a hollow pin that runs from the frame to the engine (to align the engine) at the lower bolt hole of the the two on the rear of the engine. You can see the alignment pin if you look directly straight down at that joint on the bike (it will be a shiney brass washer looking piece). The machine will have to pivot at that point when removing the engine so that you can knock those pins out and remove the engine. Once those pins are removed the engine will fall on your feet if it is not properly supported !
This is probably getting a little long, so if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. I wish I had some pics to help with the descriptions but my camera was on welfare at the time and wouldn't work. You can PM me with any questions if you'd like otherwise good louck brutha !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Hi Cooper,

You put a 1000R engine in? The bike must be mental and fun fun fun. From reading about this swap I should not have the harness and ecu stuff to worry about. On the 750s and 910s they use the same 16m ecu's and harness, just a chip swap and remap when all done should suffice. Thanks forthe spacer info thats nice to know and thanks for the offer of some words of wisdom, I may pm you if I get worried or stuck.

Cheers

jimbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 AM

GO FOR IT MAN!
But keep the 750 bodywork on it! You got a sleeper from hell. Keep us updated on the progress and get ready for wheelies
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Hi jimbo i thought you had trouble with one none running last year ?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Hi Mort yep had trouble with this bike since we bought it, two hubs failed, two stick coils, and the power supply unit, last thing was the alternator. A 910 engine then came along so that is now on the bench in the garage ready to go in in place of the 750 lump. Hope its a straight forward swap plan is to do it over the weekend and test next week. Fingers crossed.

jimbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode