Question to all - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Question to all : UPDATED

Hey all,

I brought my brute to get a custom map on it. Yesterday i got a call from the shop that the TPS was all over the place and they could not get a base line. The checked the the connection form the PCIII and when they went to start it it would not start. Short version. I got call today and the shop said that the fuel line in the tank popped off. Has this happened to anyone and does this happen. Well add another $280.00 to the bill . As he said on the phone"good thing this happened on the Dyno". Your thoughts on this are welcome.

Last edited by endgrain; 01-10-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM

I would suspect that whoever installed the PCIII didn'y fully seat the fuel line into the fuel pump connector when reinstalling the tank.
I've installed a few PCIII's and the connections at the injectors can be very temperamental, too.

Who installed the PCIII, and how long had it been in the bike before you went to have the bike mapped?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM

$280!?!? Fir what?

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lance05750 Send a message via Skype™ to Lance05750
Sounds to me like someone is trying to get you for a extra 280 bucks.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

I installed the PCIII and changed the fuel fittings to metal. I rode it for at least about 75 miles before dropping it off to get mapped. I took extra care installing the PCIII double and triple checking everything. I can't understand how a fuel line inside tank could just pop off. This is why i do all my own work. I would have done the custom map just did not have an extra $10,000 plus for a dyno.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
$280!?!? Fir what?
Trouble shooting why it would not start. 6 hours which he reduced to 4 hours.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:12 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
There were, in fact, one or two threads about fuel line inside the tank disconnecting themselves. It is not completely unknown, but it is rare. However 6 hours to diagnose the problem is a little high in my opinion. If the fuel line in tank was disconnected the pump would prime, and prime... and prime. In other words the traditional noise of the pump priming and then shutting off would have been replaced with the sound of the pump running and fuel sloshing around in the tank.

I think. One of the more technically astute members may correct me on this.

CAG
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Cag that was thought but he has my bike and it's worth more then $280.00. He reduced it to 4 hours from 6 hours which tell me that he feels a little at fault.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 PM

A few things:

Is this guy and MV tech? In other words is he qualified to work on this bike? If not he should have called you and stated your bike was not running correctly and to have you fix it.

Yes, the inside tank fuel lines have been known to degrade and pop. This is common on Ducatis also.

Erratic TPS signal can mean a bad TPS or a bad connection to the Power Commander. Did you use the red loc-tite connector supplied by dynojet or did you solder the wire. (much better)

Did you get the bike mapped? what were the results?

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel View Post
A few things:

Is this guy and MV tech? In other words is he qualified to work on this bike? If not he should have called you and stated your bike was not running correctly and to have you fix it.

Yes, the inside tank fuel lines have been known to degrade and pop. This is common on Ducatis also.

Erratic TPS signal can mean a bad TPS or a bad connection to the Power Commander. Did you use the red loc-tite connector supplied by dynojet or did you solder the wire. (much better)

Did you get the bike mapped? what were the results?
This guy is a Ducati tech and pretty well know around here for good work, that is why I'm not putting his name up here. I did use the red connector. I'm getting a custom map and I should have it tomorrow afternoon. He said he was going to smooth it out starting at 2 %. Airfuel i wish i was still up in NY I would have come to you to do this map. I'll post the results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode