MV Agusta 750cc B4 Stolen - London - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

MV Agusta 750S B4 2006 Red - Stolen in London

MV Agusta 750S B4 2006 Red

My bike got stolen in the South-West London area (24/02/2017, 8pm). Very brazen and in public view. It was chained but this didn't help.
A bit like in here:

VIN number: ZCGF411AAV4V003294
Engine number: F4A11690

Loads of custom parts on it:
- Carbon fairings
- Reinforced hub (sorry gotojoe, mitchy)
- Racing ECU (sorry michty)
- New SPU module (not the 2004 which was prone to fail, and indeed failed on me)
- Short Arrow exhaust
- DNA filter
- Iridium spark plugs
- Integrated red tail light
- Progrip race grips
- Melotti tail tidy with LED (no indicators, as they were in the integrated tail light)
- HID Headlight conversion H7 (the head light has 2 extra holes, one filled with silicone as I did the hole in the wrong place first time)
- R&G protectors front, read, and forks (most of them scratched, as well as pegs are scratched, at least on 1 side)
- Gates reinforced fuel hose
- Rosso tyres

Other distinctive parts:
- The electric loom has been tampered with as it use to have a Meta M357-T system
- The front fender is cracked at its fixing point on the right side (due to having a disc lock, which I forgot to remove once)
- Chain has marks of rust as well as chain guard

In any case, watch your bikes. What used to be considered safe (i.e. not having chain on floor, attached to a wall, with disc lock and alarm) isn't enough anymore when against a battery operated angle grinder, and scooters revving around to mask the noise. Camera are not too much of a deterrent either as they use other stolen scooters with or without number plates on them. The hint is 2 scooters with 3 or 4 blokes on them in the area. By then, you can already call the police as they are up to no good. They are opportunist as they tried to steal other bikes in the area that same evening. It appears the plague has been going from bad to worse in the last few years looking into it.

Name:  IMG_1705.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  1.53 MB

Only a Biker knows why a dog
sticks his head out of a car window.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by xeorex; 02-28-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:41 AM

I feel for you, particularly that the bike has so much personal mods. Hope better news follow for you.

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Bastards.....I hope they get their due. And I hope you had good insurance.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Bastards.....I hope they get their due. And I hope you had good insurance.
I'm afraid not. There is so much theft around, this makes theft cover very prohibitive.
I could buy a new bike second hand every 3 years and trash it given the quotes from insurance I receive.
These blokes don't need insurance, so they don't care. It isn't like they will get points on their license either.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.RP View Post
I feel for you, particularly that the bike has so much personal mods. Hope better news follow for you.
I hope it serves as a warning to others. I just didn't realise how bad it gotten over the couple of past years. It is definitely not going over the top to add Datatag and tracking device on top of everything else anymore, given the impunity they can conduct themselves. I won't call it anarchy but it is certainly not going in the right direction.
You can't get too attached to a bike, but yeah, it hurts, and summer is coming.

Last edited by xeorex; 02-28-2017 at 07:04 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Tragic to see the state of affairs in London regarding the epidemic levels of bike theft.
Assuming it hasn't been already are you ok if this is shared with the bike theft FB groups in the capital?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshore View Post
Tragic to see the state of affairs in London regarding the epidemic levels of bike theft.
Assuming it hasn't been already are you ok if this is shared with the bike theft FB groups in the capital?
Of course. Anything to help with awareness and prevention.

This article here is a good reading as well. Never thought of putting more than one disk lock:
http://ukmtp.co.uk/how-to-stop-your-...-skin-analogy/

These thieves should be made to work for 3 times the value of the goods stolen when they get caught, and then the pay given to the community for a good cause. This would teach them what it is like to work for nothing.

Last edited by xeorex; 03-01-2017 at 01:11 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 04:42 AM

New Site Garage
sorry to here this I know how you feel i had a suzuki rg 500 a yamaha exup and a yamaha vmax stolen
nether of these bikes were recovered. They had been watching my every movement pure basterds cut there freakin hands off, this is a sorry state of affairs.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 05:17 AM

New Site Garage
Very sorry to hear about this theft, it's absolutely heart breaking. I just hope their next target gets a response that sees them getting some real justice, if you get my drift.

The police need to start mounting sting operations along with effective prosecution and sentencing. Not going to happen though.

Absolute epidemic in London at the moment, bike-jacking as well. Left the Big Smoke many years ago, lost two bikes to theft there in the late 80s and another in St Albans in 2003 (four pikeys in a van with scaffold poles, alarm, locks etc. they didn't care). Wouldn't even ride my MV in London now for fear of getting jacked.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

The only time there was real pro-activeness was when the number of stolen bikes meant the insurances wouldn't cover bikes at all anymore. This is where manufacturers got to talk with the government to take action, as it had an impact on the accounting books.

Note there is no date on this post:
https://datatag.co.uk/news/news_255.php

"In 1991/92 in the region of 132,000 motorcycles were stolen in the UK alone, this lead to Norwich Union withdrawing from the motorcycle insurance market, once the big player blinks the smaller companies also follow, the end result saw premiums for motorcyclists rise sharply. A solution needed to be found, the government, police, motorcycle manufacturers and the industry looked for an answer, Ken was part of this process"

Money talk. If it isn't about money, not much will be done; sadly so it appears.

Last edited by xeorex; 03-02-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode