Indicator/turn signal not working - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Indicator/turn signal not working

I bought new indicators for the rear and in trying them to see if i needed a flasher relay to slow them down i inadvertantly touched the wires together and have blown something in the left turn signal and it now doesn't work.

Everything else works fine including the right indicator, i have checked the fuses and all are intact. Also checked is the switch and that appers fine. I am assuming there is another fuse/contact that must be broke but i just don't know where.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I don't really know where to start as i can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the life of me.

Cheers folks

Does my bum look fast on this?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Front signal still coming on? That will tell you if your basic circuit is OK.

I take it you are installing LED turn signals?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

No front one isn't working and the light on the dash doesn't flash.

Yeah installing led's, tried on the right side and they work ok. Just seem to of shorted something out but don't know what.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:55 PM

herbs have you checked the front bulb.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Just checking now, i so know its gonna be something silly like that. Or i hope it is anyway.

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Nope not the bulb

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
If the bulb and the dash aren't lighting then you have a popped fuse or a loose connection in the circuit supplying power for that side. Possibly burned out relay (don't think so)....or. If I get a chance I'll look at the schematic and see if I can add any other info.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:05 PM

If it's the relay, well just hope it isn't cause it's part of the dreaded spu box.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i got the wiring diagram and it shows the Brutale doesn't have relays, everything is run thru the CPU box thingy. I hope its not too terminal. The thing is EVERYTHING else works its just the left indicators and the light on the dash (it does flash when the right one is on tho). My next move is to investigate the switch and see if something has burnt out in there.

If it is the CPU box thingy then it begs the question why didn't the fuse blow first? Surely this is why fuses are installed so to protect the important (read expensive) bits of the electrical system when we do something dumb or something shorts.

I've got the wiring diagram if anyone wants a look at it.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:39 PM
looks like its your fuse box it has all the relays in it,theres one for a 750 on ebay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode