My headlight cover fell off! Whats should I do? (with pics) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Angry My headlight cover fell off! Whats should I do? (with pics)

I was riding home on the last night of my days off before going offshore and my headlight cover fell off and shattered all over my street. I laughed. I never thought it would happen to me but alas, I am yet another headlight victim. Can anyone help me with some advice? My fork sliders coating rubbed off and MV did nothing, am I looking at the same fate on this one? Anyone know what my next move should be? The thing just fell off. WTH?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:26 PM

Hey there is one on EBAY at around $150.00 but I think there are 6 days left. I think they sell for $600.00. You have to buy the whole assembly.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Since you have a 2006 your warranty is probably out. If not then you should contact a dealer nearest to you. Meanwhile here is the part number and price quoted by Fast By Ferraci in PA. Part number # 8000A178 headlamp unit $474.07.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Established Member

Unhappy Not the first one

Please read this post:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18097

Luís

Lisbon, Portugal

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
same thing happened to mine on a speed bump, then a lorry flattened it, told the dealership and there doing a warranty claim it's a reconised fault, and they will change it mine's in that process now, and also 2006 reg, must have been faulty batch, i couldn't see what was keeping it in then spotted the thread saying just sealer, bit daft eh!!are you sure them large speakers didn't blow it out.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by joanne; 11-24-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: observation
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Established Member

I was randomly talking to a current Hypermotard owner who mentioned his 910R's headlight cover also randomly fell off... hence he traded the bike back into Pro Italia for the Hypermotard S...

what kind of silicone should be used? anything from Home Depot is OK i assume?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Big Randaddy

[quote=TonyC;231673]I was randomly talking to a current Hypermotard owner who mentioned his 910R's headlight cover also randomly fell off... hence he traded the bike back into Pro Italia for the Hypermotard S...
quote]

Isn't that like trading in Halle Berry for Rosie O'Donnell, just because she has an occasional bad day?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:11 PM

Actually it is like being married to Jennifer Aniston, meeting Angelina Jolie while making a movie, and then deciding what to do.

I think Tony is the fellow I ran into at the movie theater earlier this week. Really I guess my bike change was more of a switch than a trade-in

I had a 910S (with issues), which I traded for the 910R. When the headlight fell off, it took two months to get another one. During that time, I purchased the Hypermotard, and then decided I did not need (or really want) both bikes and sold the 910R to get a fresh start.

While I enjoyed both bikes, the Hyper seemed like more fun all around - akin to choice posed by the first sentence of my post.

Last edited by Emperor; 11-24-2008 at 07:18 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Established Member

There's a headlight on ebay right now, doesn't end for another 5 days and is currently at $150:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MV-AG...1%7C240%3A1318

07 White/Black F4 1000R -- SOLD
04 Matte Black Brutale S -- SOLD
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
that's a good price, looks brand new as well!!

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode