Good price for an 04' Brutale 750S? Need input! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Good price for an 04' Brutale 750S? Need input!

Hi folks...

I've been reading up on this forum for info. I'm mainly a Duc rider. But I have been itching to try something different for my next bike. I have ridden all the MV models so I know what to expect, how they ride, maintenance requirements, etc.

I found an ad for a red 2004 Brutale 750 S. It has approximately 9800 miles on it, mostly in its stock configuration. He/she is the second owner. Price is $6000.

I am in SoCal.

What do you guys think?

Input is much appreciated!
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:56 PM

More than fair, condition dependent of course.

Welcome!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it was a good price even with the sluggish economy. Only thing that sort of worries me is the lack of service records/documentation. I would be the 3rd owner. I'll be checking out the bike this weekend.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 PM

No extended warranty I take? Can the seller substantiate his/her claim that he/she changed oil every 2500 as he/she stated in his/her ad? Receipts for filters and oil, for example.

Stock config to me is a plus. I tend to stay away from heavily modified bikes because you never know why (crash?) and who (poorly-skilled amateur garage mechanic?) put those mods on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dsmvbrut; 11-21-2008 at 07:48 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmvbrut View Post
No extended warranty I take? Can the seller substantiate his/her claim that he/she changed oil every 2500 as he/she stated in his/her ad? Receipts for filters and oil, for example.

Stock config to me is a plus. I tend to stay away from heavily modified bikes because you never know why (crash?) and who (poorly-skilled amateur garage mechanic?) put those mods on.
I'll be checking out the bike on Sunday. Some paperwork would make me feel better.

I don't believe it's under warranty anymore.

I took another closer look at the pics he sent me. It is stock except for the mid pipe (which seems like a common mod for these bikes), different mirrors, re-upholstered seats, tail/license plate tuck, and frame/front axle sliders......that seems to be it.

I will start up the bike of course and look for any blue smoke and other tell tale signs of a potentially problematic bike.

Mike
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Established Member

Ducman

What Ducati are you riding ??
That will determined if the 750 is adequate.

My .10 cents

u1-2go

One mans ride is another mans back marker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Established Member

I just bought the same bike with 230 miles on it for $6500. Price seems right. Do your detailed inspection and walk away if you don't like what you learn. There are a fair number of Brute's out there and probably some with lower miles.

'05 FJR 1300
'05 F4S "Custom"

'04 Brutale
'08 Suzuki DR650
'74 RD350 Restoration Project
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiMike View Post
Hi folks...

I've been reading up on this forum for info. I'm mainly a Duc rider. But I have been itching to try something different for my next bike. I have ridden all the MV models so I know what to expect, how they ride, maintenance requirements, etc.

I found an ad for a red 2004 Brutale 750 S. It has approximately 9800 miles on it, mostly in its stock configuration. He/she is the second owner. Price is $6000.

I am in SoCal.

What do you guys think?

Input is much appreciated!
Mike
I know of one better than that! Less miles, 2 years newer, 910 engine and very well maintained(reciepts, records and invoices)! Basically stock w/ mid-pipe.....the other extras are aesthetic w/ performance advantages! NO RESERVE! You can steal it!

Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160299598682
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Drac View Post
I know of one better than that! Less miles, 2 years newer, 910 engine and very well maintained(reciepts, records and invoices)! Basically stock w/ mid-pipe.....the other extras are aesthetic w/ performance advantages! NO RESERVE! You can steal it!

Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160299598682

That is a great deal....but a bit more than what the wife will allow for spending.

Mike
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by u1-2go View Post
Ducman

What Ducati are you riding ??
That will determined if the 750 is adequate.

My .10 cents

A 2004 Monster S4R and a 2008 1098s. I have ridden both the 750 and the 910. No question the 910 has more grunt....but they do cost a few grand more though used.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode