05 Brutale 750 Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

05 Brutale 750 Question

I just picked up a bone stock 2005 Brutale 750 this past weekend with 1800 miles on her. Has anyone had problems with there 05 Brutale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

Loved my '04 to the tune of 23,000 miles!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard.

Enjoy the bike.

CAG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Established Member

I bought an 05 model with 1700 miles on it. You made a wise decision. No major problems but it's good to give it a thorough look over since something wrong on a bike might cost you your life. You'll want to search some threads here in the Brutale and Maintenance sections.

1. Check the tires, I replaced mine since they were 4+ years old. I bet they were fine, but its a confidence thing.
2. I checked to make sure my headlight lens wasn't loose, it wasn't.
3. I re-torqued all the bolts, my front axle bolt was loose.
4. I changed all the fluids for good measure.
5. I also had to adjust my chain sag, it was too tight.
6. My air filter was pretty clean, but I changed it anyways.
7. I noticed my chain had a kink in it so I oiled the chain.

All in all the bike is great. I was expecting more things wrong since its made by a then cash strapped Italian company, but it has been reliable although I've only clocked 500 miles on it so far.

I do have a weird electrical problem. My high beam flashes sometimes but only at a particular intersection near my house. Maybe there's some sort of electrical airwaves that cause a glitch?

Post some pics in your profile, you own a piece of art now.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 PM

Got an 05 brute a few months back 2000 miles. Put about 2,000 mile on it. Other then the fact that someone put to much coolant in the reserve tank ( bike would piss some out when i stopped now it at the min line and it does not do that anymore). Also had a fuse blow in the first few days. Replaced it and everything has been great. I truly love this bike. Have fun!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takman View Post
I do have a weird electrical problem. My high beam flashes sometimes but only at a particular intersection near my house. Maybe there's some sort of electrical airwaves that cause a glitch?

You will notice that your index finger hits the "pass" high beam flash button when you pull the clutch. Mine does that periodically when Gina is being particularly naughty (usually leaving this one intersection near home where I tend to lift the front wheel a bit as I give her a little spanking just before opening the garage door ). Don't worry about it.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:42 PM

The day i picked mine up after a short blast i came to stop and the engine wouldn't cut out with the key, kill switch or side stand down so i had to stall it. It has only ever done it this one time and have ridden it lots since with no probs what so ever. I think it was sitting at the dealer a while and they had jet washed it and not dried it properly, i have jet washed it since (very carefully tho, mind that fuse/relay/ecu/whatever ya call it box on the right side) with no probs.

Ride it and enjoy it, they're great bikes.

Does my bum look fast on this?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Established Member

Pictures

Thx

u1-2go

One mans ride is another mans back marker

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM

I've had my 750S from new. Love the bike! Still fairly low mileage but the only problem I've had with my 750S is the neutral light staying on after I put the bike in gear. It's only happened a couple of times. Has anyone else had this problem or know what might have caused it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode