One Year On - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

One Year On

Had my 1090RR for a year as of 31/10/2016 and so far it hasn't gone to plan. For a variety of reasons, none of them to do with the bike really, means I have only covered about 600 miles so far.

Initially I think I was a little in awe of the new machine and was almost nervous to ride it...odd but true. This was slightly compounded by the seat height being more than I remembered from my initial test ride. Add in some family issues meaning that many weekends were taken up for the first 7 months of the year. A mediocre summer didn't help when I did have time the weather was poor.

My big event was to be a trip to Germany, but in the end I took my old 600 over as we touring this time rather than using a single point as a base. This meant I would have had to keep loading up a bike everyday that is pretty fiddly to get luggage on..my 600 has a Givi set up and takes tank bags etc with ease.

All excuses? Maybe...

Add to the mix the news about the financial state of MV and how available support would be for my bike going forward, and my MV 'Mojo' was just evaporating....I even came close to selling a couple of months ago.

However every time I ride the bike the power, the look and handling are all intoxicating...so here is to a better 2nd year of ownership!

Last edited by Radar; 11-15-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:46 PM

I know what you mean I have had my 989r for almost 3 years , it only comes out on warm summer days,
but this time of year it lifts my spirit on cold gloomy autumn days to see it in the garage when I get my exceedingly boring new german car out.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
However every time I ride the bike the power, the look and handling are all intoxicating...so here is to a better 2nd year of ownership!
Yes, I think we all have the same narrative when it comes to owning and riding an MV. I've been lucky enough to put on 3000km on mine in the few months that I've owned it (all recr. and no commuting). But my experience is totally opposite to yours.

I haven't been able to get back on it for almost a month now, since my SPU is showing signs of dying, I ordered a new one 3 weeks ago, and still now sign of it even being shipped. Before that I had to wait 2 weeks for an oil filter, and before that a new indicator switch. But wow, when it's all going well and I'm not waiting for parts, it's ridiculously awesome :-).

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul.RP For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 04:01 AM

New Site Garage
Radar,

Sorry to here you haven't been out much. I found mine a bit intimidating at first with it's trigger off/on throttle. A Microtec from Chris at XBikes solved that. Plus I live in Nth. Qld. probably the best riding weather in the world. Well not in summer when it's hot and humid (6-12 weeks) and just getting your gear on sees you drenched in sweat and dying to get the air moving. So I use mine for a daily commute to work and it now has 40,000kms up. Just checked the valve clearances and changed the fork seals and oil. Valves in tolerance and forks spotless, realy didn't need doing (no leaks). Just regular maintenance.

The high spot of my day is going to and from work. Soothes the soul. Best bike I've ever ridden and at the moment I can't think of anything current I'd buy. Fancy an F3 but as well as, not instead of. Hang in there and enjoy.

Cheers

Deano
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 01:19 AM

I have B4 750s and was initially a bit intimidated by it...the throttle/fueling, but found I got used to it the more I rode. Most of my riding is my daily commute, but that time is special. Get out there and ride your 1090rr, yes MVs are beautiful, but you have to ride them. Forget the issues with the MV corporation....parts, advice and service is available should you need it.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the words of encouragements, I will post a few words and pics about my adventures over the next 12 months...assuming I have some!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Established Member

Ride it until there are any issues. Two years on mine and it is still a blast to ride. Been caught in rain a few times and she cleans up good. Would reather have my bike in the shop for repairs from riding then sitting up too long. Enjoy
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 11:32 AM

New Site Garage
Don't keep it under the radar

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Don't keep it under the radar
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 07:29 PM

Its not an uncommon story really, my Senna has 3500Km in just over 10 years! I do have other bikes but I just can't go out on her if there is even a remote chance of rain...OCD i guess and it doesn't rain much here, I can only imagine how I would be if I was in the UK!
But just don't sell it, you will regret this no doubt...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode