please help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

please help

I'm thinking about picking up the Shorty Arrow Exhaust, however I was wondering with an Exhaust like that where you take off the cat will I have to get it tuned? I know it's always a good idea but is it a must?

And if so do Power Commanders work on the 2006 Brutales? I remember reading that the PC don't work on some Brutales but I cant remember if it was pre 06 or post 06. I tried searching for it but for some reason came up empty handed.

Thanks,
Vinny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 02:21 AM

I think a tune up mate.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:45 AM

08's can't use a PClll due to closed loop system which uses O2 sensor to make fueling changes which nullify the PClll below 6000 RPM. Your bike can use it and will likely need it with aftermarket exhaust system.

MV Ultra Take the ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaMV View Post
I'm thinking about picking up the Shorty Arrow Exhaust, however I was wondering with an Exhaust like that where you take off the cat will I have to get it tuned? I know it's always a good idea but is it a must?

And if so do Power Commanders work on the 2006 Brutales? I remember reading that the PC don't work on some Brutales but I cant remember if it was pre 06 or post 06. I tried searching for it but for some reason came up empty handed.

Thanks,
Vinny

If your Brute is an 06 model, then it's a euro2 model (no lambda sensor). You can fit the ARROW exhaust no problem, you will need a small tune up though.

if you fit an ARROW exhaust, the best result in terms of Power will be reached with a PCIII and a custom made map.

Last edited by khameron; 10-31-2008 at 05:02 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:13 AM
Established Member

I've got an 06 Brutale with an Arrow Shorty and it runs as well without a PC as it did with the standard exhaust. I'd quite like a PC to smooth out the low throttle smoothness but it's not a 'must'!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Rog
Established Member

I have the 2005 model purchased in Australia which is the same as the 2006 model in the US. I have an Arrow Shorty, PCIII and custom map. After installing the shorty I ran it without any mapping changes, then with a downloaded map (a map for a bike with similar set-up) and finally with the custom map. There was a big improvement between no mapping changes and using a downloaded map. The difference between the downloaded map and the custom map was more subtle. I would at least install a PCIII with downloaded map on. If you haven't replaced the air filter, whip that out too. The stock ones are a greasy mess and I can't see how they would breath as well as say a BMC filter.

Last bit of advice: The latest Arrow Shorty exhausts have a longer mid-pipe than those produced pre-2008. The longer mid-pipe has the O2 sensor bung in it to accommodate the 2007/2008 Brutales. Arrow has taken a one-size-fits-all approach. If having the shorty silencer positioned approx. 50mm further back over the rear wheel is of no concern to you, then no problem. If it is, then I suggest you buy a used (shorter) Arrow Shorty instead of a new one.

'05 Brutale 910
'07 YZF-R1

Last edited by Rog; 11-01-2008 at 05:48 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 05:22 AM

I have an 06 910 with Arrow shorty and PC111 with custom map and Rog is spot on

Brutale,you gotta love it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode