Seat Ideas!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
Cool Seat Ideas!!

Thinking of changing my seat, well gell and re-cover,not to sure on ideas i notice a lot of you have swede ones,why is this? any ideas or advice would be great, where to get it done? please bare in mind I'm in the UK.send me pictures of your creations so i get ideas. thanks in advice for any help.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I like the way my bottom feels moving on the alcantara seat...and I know the internal padding is the same but I swear it is more comfy on longer rides.

Really, the looks were my first reason for the suede, but I think it does have a better feel whilst riding.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
If you don't mind waiting a couple of days, I've got one almost finished and I'm post some pixs .. ( where are you based in the UK ???)

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 10-29-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne View Post
Thinking of changing my seat, well gell and re-cover,not to sure on ideas i notice a lot of you have swede ones,why is this? any ideas or advice would be great, where to get it done? please bare in mind I'm in the UK.send me pictures of your creations so i get ideas. thanks in advice for any help.
check out the pics in my album, okay they are for F4, but im sure you get them for brutale also

I picked them up from ade and they have lasted well (still like new) the EV03 has been out in all weathers and okay the seat does get wet but drys out okay and does not have a colour die coming out of it when wet, (like some others do).

only problem you actually have is listening to ade go on and on, when you are explaining what you want to him, as he tends to go into every little detail, and then skip to bhp, and then onto brakes and then onto air ducts and inlets, and then onto exhausts, and then onto suspension; 40 mins later oh yes back to the seat you want, then onto damping settings, then onto: and on and on and on,

so before you know it Joanne, you will come off the phone like you have just serviced an MV and your mind will be floating with the knowledge of this

just joking ade

and joanne, as i say check the seats out in my album

Last edited by F41NXS; 10-29-2008 at 03:47 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
nice bike, seat it well smart, thanks for advice, no I'm not in any rush, just getting ideas, based in Birmingham(England). that's what i want on longer rides the bum gets a bit numb, despite extra padding!!!

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:06 PM

Mole skin that water proof
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:31 PM

Lightbulb +1 Mole breeding program.

You have given me a terrific idea

I'll have to get myself some breeding moles then Barry, and bang em on a hi carb diet and make em drink loads of Guinness,

Ideally for a mono I would need a single Mole pelt which is about 2 foot square, how heavy d'ya reckon I need to get the Mole before skinning it?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F41NXS View Post
check out the pics in my album, okay they are for F4, but im sure you get them for brutale also

I picked them up from ade and they have lasted well (still like new) the EV03 has been out in all weathers and okay the seat does get wet but drys out okay and does not have a colour die coming out of it when wet, (like some others do).

only problem you actually have is listening to ade go on and on, when you are explaining what you want to him, as he tends to go into every little detail, and then skip to bhp, and then onto brakes and then onto air ducts and inlets, and then onto exhausts, and then onto suspension; 40 mins later oh yes back to the seat you want, then onto damping settings, then onto: and on and on and on,

so before you know it Joanne, you will come off the phone like you have just serviced an MV and your mind will be floating with the knowledge of this

just joking ade

and joanne, as i say check the seats out in my album
If needed you clean them with Shake n' Vac easy peasy.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne View Post
nice bike, seat it well smart, thanks for advice, no I'm not in any rush, just getting ideas, based in Birmingham(England). that's what i want on longer rides the bum gets a bit numb, despite extra padding!!!
Hi Joanne..

Just had these done for myself and my friends Brutale..

They where done by a very nice chap I know who works for Aston Martin at Newport Pagnell..

He did the complete job for me from start to finish and didnít charge me a fortune.. (like that old saying goes ď Itís Who you know, not What you knowĒ) ..

Met this chap at a retirement party in our village and we got talking about bikes.. As soon as I mentioned that I had an MV, his eyes lit up with slight jealousy and we started to talk about my project F4..

I said that I regularly post on a MV specific bike forum, and that people are always after custom design seats, and would mind doing a couple for me, if it wasnít to much to ask.. He was more than happy to give it a go and here are the results..

All the upholstery is hand stitched and the material is held down in position with Stainless Steel staples and appropriate glue in areas where necessary..

I went for half Alcantara and leather with Orange stitching on the F4 seat, and my mate wanted his in full Alcantara with double Red stitching.. He can do any design; in any material, colour or with any custom embroidered logo on request.

Iím over the moon with the finish and fit of the seat .

Hope this gives you some ideas for your bike, and if you need any further help just give me a shout..
Attached Images

EMAIL :
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM

great always nice to see real craftmanship. I am looking for some ideas too. Maybe even an car interieur?
One question: more or less then ready made seats on the internet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode