they killed my mv - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

they killed my mv

The next time you think about leaving your pride and joy down at the dealership read this copy of a old post of mine from 2012 first.

Hi everyone,I am in the market for a new 2012 1090RR and this is my first post as a new member although I have been studying the many brutale posts for some time now.
As I have not yet purchased my new Brutale I cannot post any info on this bike, but I would like to tell you what happened to my 2002 F4 750 after reading members comments of bad experiences with their dealers and I am sure it will qualify as the worst in the world.
In 02 I bought my new MV Agusta F4 750 evo2 from Townsvilles first ever MV dealer who is regularly awarded Australias number 1 Honda dealer.
It was the first MV they sold and when I picked it up the Honda bosses were visiting and the bike was hidden out the back covered with a sheet, we had to wait till the Honda bosses were busy and we sneaked out the back then took the sheet of it and I was urged to get out of there ASAP.
So I rode my citys first MV out of the store like I had stolen it.
Some 5 years later and with 28000 klm on the clock I decided to retire my beautifully cared for and immaculate MV Agusta to my lounge room where she would then live out the rest of her life in comfort so I took her back to the dealer and told them to prep her for long term storage in my house, little did I know that I had just signed her death warrant.

I received a phone call from them the following day and was asked to come down as there had been a"problem" but they would not tell me what the "problem" was over the phone.
I went down there immediately and saw my beauty up on the work bench with her left side facing me and she seemed fine, the head mechanic approached me and told me to have a look at the other side and when I did I was horrified as my pride and joy was completely smashed on the right side{fairing,mirror,tank,tail}.
What had caused this? it had simply fallen off the work bench down onto the concrete floor, they apologized and assured me their insurance would fix it and I went home stunned.
However things were about to get worse as when their insurance company inspected it they noticed that the bar end of the RHS clip on had pushed a small dent into the frame about 15mm in diameter{f4 owners will know what I am referring to as there is little clearance when doing full lock turns}and this little dent sealed her fate.
Not only did it need a new right hand side everything the state laws ruled it needed a new frame due to the frame mounted VIN plate and thus became a statutory write-off meaning that the components need to fix her cost more than what she was worth.
So I lost her, got paid the book price of $15000 and she then sat out in the open in a auction yard for a year rotting and was eventually sold for parts for $1600 which is pretty sad for a $30,100 item of Italian Motorcycle Art that should be resting in my lounge room right now.
Can any other poor soul match this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:44 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
What a waste......

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:52 AM

doesnt take much to stat write off these machines

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 04:02 PM

New Site Garage
Maybe I can match it, but not from a dealer perspective...

In 2004 I got one of the very first F4 1000 and that bike was a special one. Never had an MV that felt like that one. Half a year later I met my at the time soon to be my wife and we married on that special MV. It was my intent to keep both the rest of my life. As if the gods were playing with me I crashed the MV while I was riding with my newly wed soulmate on the back exactly one week later. We were unhurt, but the bike slid into the water and was a complete write off. Insurance rules stated that with write off the frame needed to be destroyed and I had no chance in buying it back. The dealer got the wreck for 1800 euro.
Just to make the story a bit more sad, my wife passed away 2,5 year later. The story is somewhere here on the forum.

On the brighter side there are some VERY fond memories.
Here is her write up from the marriage.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9775

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:09 PM

Mine was stolen after I just rebuilt her after a crash. Put over $5000 worth of carbon and goodies on her. But it doesn't really matter when comparing to someone who lost his wife. Pretty terrible.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Sad story Maximum Velocity, bikes are replaceable but soulmates are not, her write up gives a hint of her beautiful character.
I made the mistake of buying mine her own KTM 390 Duke and that was the end of her pillion days as she now refuses to ride on the back of my bikes ever again.
Killing or stealing someone's MV should attract a life sentence in prison swissinn!
The Following User Says Thank You to mvaussie For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaussie View Post
Sad story Maximum Velocity, bikes are replaceable but soulmates are not, her write up gives a hint of her beautiful character.
I made the mistake of buying mine her own KTM 390 Duke and that was the end of her pillion days as she now refuses to ride on the back of my bikes ever again.
Killing or stealing someone's MV should attract a life sentence in prison swissinn!
Meh...I'm happier now lol. But I still get to say that an MV Agusta F4 1000 was my first ever street bike.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:37 AM

I picked up my F4 312R, my first MV, on a Friday and put 30 miles on the route home. Sunday, went to gas her up, and an ambulance ahead of me kicked up road debris when they drifted into the shoulder (probably texting). My poor bike slid down the highway, not even 48 hours after I bought her. Frame had a light rash and they totaled it.

Silver lining, insurance covered the bike at greater than purchase price, sold me the totaled bike at 20% of payout, and she's back in action for another 10% to fix. Bought a 1090RR with the rest of the insurance payout, so now I got 2 for the price of 1 plus a little pain.

2019 Honda Monkey / 2014 Brutale 1090 RR / 2014 KTM 1190R / 2012 Triumph Bonneville SMQ / 2008 FJR 1300 /2009 Husqvarna TE310 / 1966 Metisse Desert Racer (2008 312R - sold; 2007 F4 - sold).

Last edited by davehg; 10-19-2016 at 01:40 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaussie View Post
The next time you think about leaving your pride and joy down at the dealership read this copy of a old post of mine from 2012 first.

Hi everyone,I am in the market for a new 2012 1090RR and this is my first post as a new member although I have been studying the many brutale posts for some time now.
As I have not yet purchased my new Brutale I cannot post any info on this bike, but I would like to tell you what happened to my 2002 F4 750 after reading members comments of bad experiences with their dealers and I am sure it will qualify as the worst in the world.
In 02 I bought my new MV Agusta F4 750 evo2 from Townsvilles first ever MV dealer who is regularly awarded Australias number 1 Honda dealer.
It was the first MV they sold and when I picked it up the Honda bosses were visiting and the bike was hidden out the back covered with a sheet, we had to wait till the Honda bosses were busy and we sneaked out the back then took the sheet of it and I was urged to get out of there ASAP.
So I rode my citys first MV out of the store like I had stolen it.
Some 5 years later and with 28000 klm on the clock I decided to retire my beautifully cared for and immaculate MV Agusta to my lounge room where she would then live out the rest of her life in comfort so I took her back to the dealer and told them to prep her for long term storage in my house, little did I know that I had just signed her death warrant.

I received a phone call from them the following day and was asked to come down as there had been a"problem" but they would not tell me what the "problem" was over the phone.
I went down there immediately and saw my beauty up on the work bench with her left side facing me and she seemed fine, the head mechanic approached me and told me to have a look at the other side and when I did I was horrified as my pride and joy was completely smashed on the right side{fairing,mirror,tank,tail}.
What had caused this? it had simply fallen off the work bench down onto the concrete floor, they apologized and assured me their insurance would fix it and I went home stunned.
However things were about to get worse as when their insurance company inspected it they noticed that the bar end of the RHS clip on had pushed a small dent into the frame about 15mm in diameter{f4 owners will know what I am referring to as there is little clearance when doing full lock turns}and this little dent sealed her fate.
Not only did it need a new right hand side everything the state laws ruled it needed a new frame due to the frame mounted VIN plate and thus became a statutory write-off meaning that the components need to fix her cost more than what she was worth.
So I lost her, got paid the book price of $15000 and she then sat out in the open in a auction yard for a year rotting and was eventually sold for parts for $1600 which is pretty sad for a $30,100 item of Italian Motorcycle Art that should be resting in my lounge room right now.
Can any other poor soul match this?
Hmmm, I had nothing but the best service from Rising Sun Honda (Do you see what I did there ). Bought 4 bikes off them over the years. I test rode one of the original F4s they had in the shop. In the end it didn't have enough GoGo or that Vtwin sound compared to the SP1 so I didn't buy. The boys looked after all my bikes well. Not sure why the smoke and mirrors when you picked it up they ran a number of different makes out of that store. Bought my Daytona from there also.

2000 F4 750
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Hi glenno, I bought mine in may 02 before they built eurocycles out the back.
When I was doing the paperwork in the office I had to sit there after it was done waiting for the Honda bosses to move on as they were in the showroom floor, once they moved out of the way that's when we made a run for it out the back and I was urged to go without any further conversation, the salesman took the sheet off it and said go go go, so I felt like a thief riding out on townsvilles first MV.
The reason behind it was because Honda had invested money into the place as you may remember when they did their extension and they were not permitted to sell mv and that's why they later built eurocycles to overcome this.
On 3 occasions when it was in for a service one of the fuel injectors broke and they claimed they didn't know how, but each occasion the bike was ridden down there and was running fine.
One time I took one of the broken fuel injectors to a mechanic mate who pointed out that it had snapped when someone removed it carelessly.
Another time I was sitting on my front veranda while the bike was in for a service ( I live on railway ave ) when I heard and saw a distinctive and different sounding MV going past, mine had the factory RG exhaust which I had modified by removing the standard 4 x 28mm internal pipes and fitted much larger 4 x 45 mm internal pipes and It was much louder, I also had the 4 X end caps polished, so when you own the only MV in town at that time and you see one being ridden with louder modified polished RG3 exhaust and yours is not at home then its not too hard to work out whos it is.

I always found Bernard to be grizzly prick towards me going back as far as the mid 70,s when they first opened but Grubb was always good and he and I are still mates.
I could also go on about when Bernard sold my 1100 Katana under commission in 1982 and never bothered to pass the money on to me, buts that's another long story.
Or the time when Paul Feeny had the demo F4 up here and let me take it home for the night and the following day when I told paul and bernard that my missus found it not too uncomfortable on the back to which Bernard replied in front of a visably embarassed Paul 'yeah they like the feel of leather on their pussy".
Australias most redneck Honda dealer.
I wouldn't take a fucking lawnmower to this prick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode