Brutale or Tuono for daily rider? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Brutale or Tuono for daily rider?

It looks like i have decided to abandon my F4 due to my body just not being able to cope with the position. Perhaps if i only did 4,000km/yr on the bike instead of covering 4,000km in 3 months it might be a different story.

Anyhoo i am tossing up between a Brutale (would be 750cc as no used 910's are for sale) and a Tuono as a daily rider + weekend thrasher.

I know we are all a bit biased here but i'd like to know people's thoughts on these to bikes. Pro's and Con's. I love the Brute but the fact that parts take years to get is my concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 04:05 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Brutale, of course.

CAG
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 04:46 AM

Brutale, no question ! If You believe Noale Parts are easier to get than Varese Parts than You would be surprised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Well as it'd be a daily rider i want to make sure it will be a strong workhorse. You think the parts thing is better with the Brute's than the F4's? There is a 2005 Brute for sale at the dealer i use so i might try and take it for a burn tomorrow. It's got the exhaust done and power commander.

As i rode to/from work on a firestorm, i really want another bit engine bike. Lots of bottom end grunt! To get a brute 910 i'd probably have to buy it brand new which i don't want to do. It's a shame the used Brute's for sale are all 750's!

Am i best off biting the bullet and simply buying a new Brute 910 if i can get it for $5k-$7k more than a 2005 750 Brute? I'll probably put 20,000km/yr on it. Do you think it's worth it?
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 AM

Grope,
I actually have both, the tuono which I've had since 05, and the brutale for about year and a half.

My tuono is my long distance touring bike but I commute daily on one or the other and only drive a car to work once in a blue moon. The brutale is perfectly fine as a commuter. I'm 6'2" tho so riding position is a bit cramped. 3-400 miles is the longest one day ride I've done on the brute, were I shorter it'd be a much more comfortable bike for me.

If you're doing 20km a year I'd take the tuono hands down, a roomier bike and one I frequently ride for 8 hours in a day. Fitted with cortech tailbag and saddlebags and you can travel a long time.

Quality and looks wise tho the brute beats the tuono by a mile.
FYI I ride about 15000 miles a year.

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 AM

BRUTALE 910 mate
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 AM

Brutale. Put 24,000 miles on mine in 2-1/2 years, loved every ride.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
i have a 910,my mate has the tuono, he keeps asking me if i want to ride his bike(ie he wants to ride the brut) his clocks have just started misting up, a common problem!!but covered under warranty. and when ever we stop anywhere people come up and ask about my bike, but i must say he loves his bike and it sounds great with the accrprovic cans on, also very thirsty about 70 miles and he's stopping for juice, which on a day out can a bit frustrating the reserve is>>get petrol now<<. so its up to you mate, but i don't think you would be on this site for nothing you must love mv's!!

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne View Post
i have a 910,my mate has the tuono, he keeps asking me if i want to ride his bike(ie he wants to ride the brut) his clocks have just started misting up, a common problem!!but covered under warranty. and when ever we stop anywhere people come up and ask about my bike, but i must say he loves his bike and it sounds great with the accrprovic cans on, also very thirsty about 70 miles and he's stopping for juice, which on a day out can a bit frustrating the reserve is>>get petrol now<<. so its up to you mate, but i don't think you would be on this site for nothing you must love mv's!!
Wow, your friend might want to have his tuono looked at, weekend rides I get about 140-150 miles on the tuono til the light comes on, brutale about 100-120 miles light comes on.

Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
Cool

i think that's the norm, i read an article on his bike, it commented on poor tank range, clocks misting up and the front fairing looking like a scooter, which i ribbed him about, his a new one this year so things mite have change, plus we don't hang about.!

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode