Brutale went to the dealer - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Unhappy Brutale went to the dealer

Hello all,

After stalling for 2 times in the same morning, I decided to return my Brutale to the dealer.

No problems receiving it, just a quick phonecall and the pickup was scheduled.

The thing is that in 5 months this us the 5th time that my bike stalls.

Symptoms:

#Temperature: medium to high (from 80º to 95º Celsius)
#Speed: from 80km/h reducing to 10km/h then stop. (like approaching a roundabout)
#clutch fully pressed
#Gear: 4th passing to 3rd
#Weight: 2 persons
#Fuel: 95 octanes

Do you remember any symptom from your "stalling"? I would like to complete this listing.

It could be the fuel filter damaged or with something stuck in it, or the old "electrical cdu/power unit" problem.

Don't even know if the dealer can replicate the issue.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Luís

Lisbon, Portugal

Last edited by lusitanv; 10-16-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: (added the symptom "clutch fully pressed")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 AM

happend to me 2 times over 2 seasons. First time as you describe, into a roundabout, engine stoped when i shifted from 2nd to 1st.

2 time from 4th and down to 3rd.

(When i clutch it stopped.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Get the TPS checked and a tune up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llapao View Post
Hello all,

After stalling for 2 times in the same morning, I decided to return my Brutale to the dealer.

No problems receiving it, just a quick phonecall and the pickup was scheduled.

The thing is that in 5 months this us the 5th time that my bike stalls.
wow consider yourself lucky then. my bike stalls about 1-2 times per ride on average. some days it can stall 3-4 times on the way to work, other days i make it all the way without stalling. my bike has probably stalled several hundred times in the last 2 years. dealer could not fix it. my problem is that it's too costly for me to force them to fix it since they are $40 in gas roundtrip away from me. my dealer has figured that out, so when i drop the bike off, they call back and say "it's fixed". i go pick up the bike and no improvement. now another $40 in gas to bring it back and have them try again. rinse and repeat a dozen times. bike still stalls, i'm out hundreds of dollars in gas money. basically a big rip-off scam they have going.

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesideways View Post
wow consider yourself lucky then. my bike stalls about 1-2 times per ride on average. some days it can stall 3-4 times on the way to work, other days i make it all the way without stalling. my bike has probably stalled several hundred times in the last 2 years. dealer could not fix it. my problem is that it's too costly for me to force them to fix it since they are $40 in gas roundtrip away from me. my dealer has figured that out, so when i drop the bike off, they call back and say "it's fixed". i go pick up the bike and no improvement. now another $40 in gas to bring it back and have them try again. rinse and repeat a dozen times. bike still stalls, i'm out hundreds of dollars in gas money. basically a big rip-off scam they have going.

same here, i feel your pain......
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Established Member

A lot of times it has to do with the kickstand safety switch.
All it needs is a weak internal spring and it will drive you nuts and broke. Try bypassing it, who knows! Good luck!

2007 Ducati MS4Rs(sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tri.(sold)
2004 Moto Corse Brutale America(sold) 2006 Ducati 999R (sold)
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2010 Ducati 1198S Corse
2012 Multistrada 1200 PP
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:20 PM

TPS adj or perhaps a tight valve?

Mine from new only stalled once or twice until the first service, then started stalling like mad, took at back a couple thousand miles ago, they adjusted TPS and no probs since.

Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
how many miles are on these bikes that have these stalling problems? could it have something to do with washing?
Stalling several hundred times??! you could get killed, in fact i cant beleive you are still alive. this is ridiculous.
One of the things i love about the brutale is that its looks havent changed ,but it sounds to me that some things... er a ooops oh, exscuz me I a, umphart ugh Whewwoo... gotta go
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:10 PM

There have been posts about iridium spark plugs. My bike stalled randomly for over 3 years and stopped after installing the plugs and a bmc air filter.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Established Member

I was under the impression stalling issues were only a Ducati thing!

2007 Ducati MS4Rs(sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tri.(sold)
2004 Moto Corse Brutale America(sold) 2006 Ducati 999R (sold)
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2010 Ducati 1198S Corse
2012 Multistrada 1200 PP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode