Brutale 910R-Help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 910R-Help

Hi, I have just been delivered a new Brutale 910R (Black). Strangely the headlight screen is got a white tint. Its supposed to be clear. It looks like moisture but its not. The lights works fine. Is it some kind of damage?

My dealer imported it from Singapore and was stocked for 4 months in Mumbai, India, its a city by the sea. I was unable to pick it up earlier and has some oxidation on most of the nuts/screws. I thought these bikes are top quality but was it really the sea or the quality of screws bad on all Augustas?

The pipes have gone darker/blackish at the headers too. Is this a natural progression for all Brutales?

Though im not new to bikes and currently own many. This is my first Italian beauty and im quite worried about the wear.

Also the engine makes a racket, i was told all Italian machines are noisy. I did ride a Monster 600 a few years ago and it was not in good shape to judge. When i open throttle there is a crackling sound as if something is breaking or falling apart in the engine. The bike pulls super fast though.

When i start the engine, the temperature rises quite fast on the guage and had a bit of a leak of the coolant through the drain pipe as well.

Please Help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 PM

HI REVHAPPY welcome to the forum.As to the head light can you post pics? the header pipes are ok, sound like you have salt damage on the bolts.Noise from the top of the engine sounds like air intake noise.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM

I also get a few overflows from the coolant pipe

the level seems okay it appears to be more if I pull up soon into the ride and the bike idles.........like the thermostat not fully opened as the pressure builds up......some times it spits out quite a bit.............but the level seems fine.....so got me stumped

not sure why the headlight lens should discolour........unless getting the wrong end of your post

the warm sea is a disaater on anything metal

I remember when in south africa............durban cars and bikes only lasted about 2 years

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Sounds like salt damage from improper storage.

Welcome nonetheless
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I do understand that 4 months of improper storage can cause much salt damage on any bike. The importer had got a professional cleaner to clean up everything on the bike before delivery and it was back to its original glory. Yet being the fellow i am, who is very passionate and particular about my bikes being clean and tidy. i wanted to clarify. I couldnt sleep 4 nights due to this.

I will take pics of the headlight and post them in a day.

My other concern is the fast rising in temperature. is this common or normal?

Biking, biking...err..biking - the three great pleasures of life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'10 MVA Brutale 1078RR | '13 Guzzi Griso SE | '13 KTM 390 Duke | '11 HD Sportster 48 | '10 Yamaha Vmax | '10 HD XR1200X V&H | '10 MM Scrambler | '10 Ducati GT1000 | '07 Ducati SC1000B | '06 Suzuki GSX1400 | '01 Yamaha R1 | '84 Honda VF1000FE | '83 Yamaha RD350B Custom | '83 Yamha RD350B Cafe
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 01:06 AM

Which "electrical fault kit" is supplied to the Indian market or is it the same as everyone else " just a wait and see". Only teasing enjoy they are a great bike . Get some miles/kilometers on it don't use it as a garage ornament , or an investment and you will appreciate it even more.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 AM

O i forgot to sayheigh temp is normal about 80-90c. coolent level should be seen through the metal slot,if to mutch it will blow it out
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Working with the rear stand

Im just unable to insert the black piped housing of the stand into the rear wheel. its way too tight..is it this difficult?? Just couldnt use it.

Biking, biking...err..biking - the three great pleasures of life

'10 MVA Brutale 1078RR | '13 Guzzi Griso SE | '13 KTM 390 Duke | '11 HD Sportster 48 | '10 Yamaha Vmax | '10 HD XR1200X V&H | '10 MM Scrambler | '10 Ducati GT1000 | '07 Ducati SC1000B | '06 Suzuki GSX1400 | '01 Yamaha R1 | '84 Honda VF1000FE | '83 Yamaha RD350B Custom | '83 Yamha RD350B Cafe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Im just unable to insert the black piped housing of the stand into the rear wheel. its way too tight..is it this difficult?? Just couldnt use it.
A shot of WD-40 usually helps it ease home!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredf4s View Post
A shot of WD-40 usually helps it ease home!
If that doesn't do the trick then you may need to sand down the plastic a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode