MV Agusta Forum banner

Somehow crashed both Brutes

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  pigiolino 
#1 ·
Unfortunately, me and my father both crashed our Brutes, my 750 and his 910R.

Here's the story;

We were on popular bikers meet point, a parking lot beside the road, were we gather quite often.
We were talking there with a friend, and than decided to go for a ride, this road has some fun twisties and we often ride there up and down.
We rode off from the parking lot, going down hill to turn our bikes on a safe place.
Then we head uphill slowly, 'cos the tires were still cold. I was in front dad behind me.
We came in the left hander(hairpin, 180-degree corner) right under previously mentioned parking lot.
I was right at the apex of the corner, when I saw a guy on blue Honda coming downhill sideways(for him, this was a right hand corner).
He was too fast and braked hard, stepped on the rear brake, which locked, full of smoke, he basically freezed and didn't do nothing. He came on to my lane sideways, where he crashed in my left side of the bike and my left leg. We crashed at around 40km/h each, he came on to me at some 30 degrees.
Than I fell on the right side, his bike was laying on my whole lane. Than my father came, braked hard, but crashed in his bike that was lying on the asphalt. He hit him probably in oil sump, and feel over handlebar, bike flipped over on the front light in forks.

My left knee is a bit damaged, I got set left leg in plaster, but nothing serious, my neck, backbone and left anckle are in pain.
Dad's neck and hip is in pain, also right wrist.

Dad's 910R is totaled, frame is bent and front wheel.
Mine is damaged badly too.
I'm very sad because both bikes were in ''like new'' condition, don't know what insurance company from guy on Honda will do. We won't get our bikes recovered fully from them.

My Brutale:

Home made crash protectors did a good job, except on my right side. Bike felled so heavylly down, that it bended this junction, otherwise the frame is OK.

Dad's 910R:

Frame is damaged:

:shitfan::confused:

See less See more
#7 ·
That's so upsetting when you take such good care of your pride and joy, only to have it wiped out by someone else like that.

What do you mean you 'won't get the bikes fully recovered from them' ? I certainly hope you do! Best of luck.

#8 ·
Thanks guys.

Here in our country, insurance company looks for the price of new bike and than deduct for each year some percent. Like first year around 22%, second year around 18% third year 15% and so on... They pay you back the amount which bike is worth on the market of used vehicles.

I'm 'happy' because i or my dad didn't suffer any serious damage, and will be able to ride next spring.

But I'm very sad about the bikes, they were really nice. People were asking me if I have new bike, but in fact Brute is 4 years old, it was that nice...

They sit in a garage, very sad looking, like a wounded beast.

#11 ·
First please accept moje saucesce. Can you possibly make one out of the two. One SUPERBRUT that all the others will wish they had. I don't know, but I hope everything works out for you and your father.

#12 ·
Me too, Miha. I was gonna make a smart ass comment, but I'm just glad you and Pops are gonna be OK.

#14 ·
Wow! Glad you guys are o.k.....sort of!

Those "Superlight Wheels" are not very strong huh? That front wheels looks to be made of clay...soft clay!
I've never favored the new wheels(Superlight) vs. the original forged 10 spoke Marchesini's. They are obviously very light in weight but sacrifice strength.....might as well get forged magnesium IMHO.

Glad you guys are O.K. however!

#15 ·
Ouch...those pictures make my eyes hurt (I am sure not so much as you and your father are feeling). You should insist the insurance company replaces the bikes with comparable. Find good used examples and show them what it will take to make you whole and insist on that. Good luck, glad you are not badly injured and get well soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.