would you mind telling me... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
would you mind telling me...

How do you like your 910 brutales? how tall are you. I'm 6'1". thanks. I own a speed triple but I'm feeling a brutale comin up some time in the (hopefully not to distant)future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Established Member

Ive had my brutale for a few months and put 1600klm on it at first I had trouble with foot position and gear changing but after some adjustments thats all good the suspension had a tendensy to jar your back and arms but likwise it was only adjusting it now thats good to. (also didnt help that the previous owner had turned dampning setting all to hard). I am awaiting the arival of larger footpegs as the standard ones are quite short and have very little grip my foot slipped of a few times. I have owned a lot of bikes and this is one of the best if not the best the only trouble I seem to have now is controling my speed as the bike feels better the faster you ride.
As for the electrical problems I have read about on the forum I have had NIL the bike has 3600klm on it and is 2006 model it has mid pipe mod and runs quite rich but runs like clockwork and has more power than I will ever need.
In my opinion I would not use it as a comuter as they heat up in trafic and is a waste of a great naked sports bike. I would rather put the ks on it around the mountains.
I think it has a similar short wheel base as speed triple.
Lorne
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
I agree, no commuting.(my S3 is great for that) my brutale would only come out on pristine days! this is the beauty of having a second or third bike.
yah, the S3 is under 57" i think. but I'm thinking also that the pegs on the brutale might be a bit higher. I'm also thinking that ,on the day I do finally ride one,the fit may not be an issue!
Whats" put the ks on it "mean? kick stand? Do you take it to the track? Rob Thanks lorne cheers
how tall r u ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:25 PM

I just put the rizoma rearsets on.

HUGE improvement. Small change, huge improvement. The biggest fix IMO is the grip it provides vs. the stock pegs. When you are taller (I'm 6'1'') your feet tend to slide off the pegs simply due to foot size.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Established Member

I am only 5'11 or 180cm ks was short for Kilometres sorry
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM

HI,
6'2", the salesman was surprised I'd go for this bike due to my height, I've an 06 910S I bought a year and a half ago and split riding between it and a tuono.

The usual issues others mention, awful brakes (no flames please, but the nissins are pretty mediocre), on/off type throttle tough to modulate.

I've done around 6k miles on it so far and was lukewarm on it til taking it to the mountains last year. What a great handling bike it is, very nimble. I've ridden up to 400 miles in a day on it, reasonably comfortable, but for really long trips my tuono comes in service. The position for someone my height is a bit cramped but I'm used to it and no worries about that.

My brutales only been washed once, when it went in for it's last service, the dealer did it, I'm just plain lazy.

Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 PM

12,000 miles in one year on mine. Love it, and I use it as a commuter, sport rides, have now done two multi-day trips on it. Mechanically, no problems at all. It is sensitive to being set-up correctly (fuelling, throttle postitiom sensor, and suspension) but if you're willing to put in a little effort it will reward you. I'm 5'11 and I find the riding position great, though I did have the seat foam re-done to reduce sliding foward into the tank. Unlike ZVEZ, I've never washed a bike so much as this. It's just so dam beautiful I feel guilty if it's dirty.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I agree, no commuting.(my S3 is great for that) my brutale would only come out on pristine days! this is the beauty of having a second or third bike.
yah, the S3 is under 57" i think. but I'm thinking also that the pegs on the brutale might be a bit higher. I'm also thinking that ,on the day I do finally ride one,the fit may not be an issue!
Whats" put the ks on it "mean? kick stand? Do you take it to the track? Rob Thanks lorne cheers
how tall r u ?

S3 ? ? ?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
S3 = speed triple

cleophus, so how do you like yer 910? and the fit? thanks.
thanks guys.
hey feller's why dont you go back to yer profile and include where you live? its helpful

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-10-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: addition
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 AM
The Dude

Hey there. I think you found me via bikepics.com as well.

I like the brutale, of course. If you really want another naked, then it's pretty sweet. I also thought the Speed3 was a nice ride, much easier to ride than the brute I thought. Both distinctive in their own way. Perhaps a bit cramped at over 6ft....but as I'm not that tall, others will have more useful advice there. I prefer the star wheels of the S, but the brakes on the R make it worth it.....!

There are a handful of comparisons done in the past regarding the Speed3 and brutale, some searching will reveal some of those....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode