06 910R Power supply unit warranty claim - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
06 910R Power supply unit warranty claim

My electrical problems have come to an end . The bike is dead ,wont start. Electrician says its the fuel pump relay.
To get this fixed out of warranty with out spending US$650. I need evidence that MV were replacing them in and out of warranty..

Also understand MV had ceased production in Dec. Maybe thats why we were not getting anything fixed. ...Just hope someone can give me some evidence here.
Kiwidoc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
fazer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Posts: 8,920
Mine was replaced in June, warranty was up in March, but the bike had been there since March too. Let me know what you need.
fazer6 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
CHB
Senior Member
 
CHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USofA
Posts: 1,087
Still awaiting new one myself? They better start answering some questions! I have never seen a company be so absent or not willing to speak from the top, its all been through the clueless importer. I am getting short on patients.
CHB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 AM
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Home. In Dixie.
Posts: 13,695
Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I don't understand. They want to charge you $650 for a fuel pump relay? Or did the ecu or power unit damage your fuel pump relay? If all you need is a relay to get you going until your warranty claim is settled, I probably have one.

CAG
CAG is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
CHB
Senior Member
 
CHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USofA
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHB View Post
Still awaiting new one myself? They better start answering some questions! I have never seen a company be so absent or not willing to speak from the top, its all been through the clueless importer. I am getting short on patients.
SORRY misread thread didn't see it pertained to fuel pump? But I am still awaiting my CDI! SORRY AGAIN
CHB is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I don't understand. They want to charge you $650 for a fuel pump relay? Or did the ecu or power unit damage your fuel pump relay? If all you need is a relay to get you going until your warranty claim is settled, I probably have one.

CAG
The relay is in the power supply unit, and can't be replaced. The whole unit has to be replaced. Usually its a simple $10 replacement part.
Kiwidoc is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
The relays are all in here.
Attached Images
 
Kiwidoc is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 134
Send a message via AIM to drewkbell Send a message via Yahoo to drewkbell
Hi Kiwidoc -

When you say it is dead / won't start; do you mean that when you turn the key to 'on' there is no power at all? Or, do you mean you get power and pressing the start button doesn't start it?

I'm trying to fix my own gremlin at the moment (you have posted on that thread). My problem is only intermittent at the moment but there is no power when I turn the key to on. Then after a few minutes it will 'magically' get power again. Only after long rides though. Usually when the bike gets real hot.

Did they give you any idea on time to get the replacement? From what I have heard people are waiting months. Hell, I work at an electrical company with both computer and electrical engineers. I think we could design something and have it prototyped faster than the part turn around time.

- thanks
drewkbell is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
CHB
Senior Member
 
CHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USofA
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHB View Post
SORRY misread thread didn't see it pertained to fuel pump? But I am still awaiting my CDI! SORRY AGAIN
WELL OK now you show pictures! That is what I'm awaiting myself and have no date given as for when it will be in???? Had one replaced last year and according to a picture FBF sent for my shop to reference I supposedly have a BAD new one. MV had a defective batch of new ones??
CHB is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkbell View Post
Hi Kiwidoc -

When you say it is dead / won't start; do you mean that when you turn the key to 'on' there is no power at all? Or, do you mean you get power and pressing the start button doesn't start it?

I'm trying to fix my own gremlin at the moment (you have posted on that thread). My problem is only intermittent at the moment but there is no power when I turn the key to on. Then after a few minutes it will 'magically' get power again. Only after long rides though. Usually when the bike gets real hot.

Did they give you any idea on time to get the replacement? From what I have heard people are waiting months. Hell, I work at an electrical company with both computer and electrical engineers. I think we could design something and have it prototyped faster than the part turn around time.

- thanks
Everything is fine when you turn the key on it goes through the normal checks. Press the starter nothing. Electrician has checked all the usual , side stand switch, clutch lever switch, kill switch type issues . He has a lot of experience with "Italian electrics" he reckons "Lucas" use to be the "Prince of darkness". He believes its the starter relay, also thinks there is a fault with the Latch relay.

Been told by Dealer they have a new Power supply unit avail in 2-3 days for US$650. Would go this route if its not covered under warranty. Basically no other choice is there. But only buy a new upgraded one , don't want the same problems in another year or two.

Problems I've had in the last year have been

With no key in ignition lock.
Indicators trying to go in a ghost sort of flash
Headlight on hours after bike turned off
Headlight remaining on


While riding bike
High beam light flashing
No lights at all at 3am in the morning on the way to work.
Engine cutting out, started getting worse. Usually at the worst possible moment.
And the mainly recent problem unable to turn engine off without disconnecting battery.

All these problems happened before the warranty expired. Mechanic never found a problem when it was in for service. He has now closed shop.



Thinking of getting a F4 secondhand just to ride twice a year cos I have always liked them and just use the MV as a garage ornament. And go back to a Harley cos all the Chrome always got me home.
Kiwidoc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome