Frame Slider gone - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Frame Slider gone

I am hoping you guys can help shed some light on this issue for me. The left side frame slider (attached at the frame to cylinder head) is missing. I heard a strange noise yesterday....like something came off the bike, but until today did not notice that it was the frame slider. Some background...the bike has not been down so there are not external forces involved here and about a month ago I noticed it was loose and tightened back...not excessively. I checked both sides and only the left side was loose. I am worried that the bolt sheared off as what I see left in the frame hole doesn't apprear like I expect...no obvious allen key hole to tighten or remove. I've looked at the manual and did not find a picture of what it should look like. I will remove the right side for comparison tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 10:35 PM

New Site Garage
Picture ?
We don't know what frame sliders are on you bike mate, they don't come with frame sliders as standard, so it could by anything.
Some frame sliders bolt onto the existing engine bolt, others replace the engine bolt.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Hey Dons thanks for the reply...here is a pic. I found a flashlight and finally understand what I am seeing. The entire bolt and slider are gone. I can see the threaded hole in the cylinder head through the frame hole. I will go direct to the hardware store to find a bolt in morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

I found a quick fix at the hardware store, a M12x1.25x60mm bolt. I will search out a better match for the original including an eccentric washer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode