Pro Italia Experience - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Pro Italia Experience

I posted this on the Brutale forum, but as some members seem to be coming over here exclusively I figured I'd post on both boards.
-------------------------------------------------------

Pro Italia finished my bike early but had no information about what was discovered while they were inside of her. I was (and am) a little peeved that they didn't keep records of the EGA or of the valve clearances, and said something about it to Pat (the acting manager?). I did specifically ask to know those things, but there was nothing noted on the repair order. Obviously, Pat can't do anything about it, but I figure if no one mentions it there's no chance anything will change. I still may speak with John (the Service Manager) when he gets back into town.

However, I also have something good to say to John. When I dropped the bike off I hadn't noticed that it was running particularly poor. The engine's always sounded a little rough, but it's been race bike rough and not something that seemed like a problem. I _have_ been having the stalling issue when coming down to an idle, but no other obvious issues.

The only thing noted on the repair order is that they replaced a spark plug (to the tune of $15). I'm not sure what else was adjusted that might have made such a difference but it's like I'm riding a new bike. From the moment I hit the starter I knew something was changed. For one, the rough engine sound is gone. Flutter now sounds the way she should--like a small Ferarri. The idle is so rock solid at 1250 it almost sounds fake. The surprises continued as I pulled away from the shop.

First of all, the clutch actuation is much smoother. Apparently, the bike REALLY needed an oil change. Then, as I cruised toward the freeway, the engine kept singing in notes I have never heard, begging to be (literally) throttled. She got her chance as I hit the freeway on-ramp. I think I may have dislocated a shoulder as I reached toward 110 in a distance matched only by R1s and their ilk. I had NO IDEA this bike could do anything like it, and seemingly without complaint.

I don't know exactly what happened to her while she was at PI, and I'm still a little irked by that, but whatever it was has left me with a much better machine than I rode in. I was so happy with the result I turned around to go back and tell Pat that while I might be quick to complain when something's wrong, I also like to be quick to compliment when things are right...and things are very right.

I've been comparing the Brutale 910 to the Z1000. I will no longer be making that comparison.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomanach
I posted this on the Brutale forum, but as some members seem to be coming over here exclusively I figured I'd post on both boards.
-------------------------------------------------------

Pro Italia finished my bike early but had no information about what was discovered while they were inside of her. I was (and am) a little peeved that they didn't keep records of the EGA or of the valve clearances, and said something about it to Pat (the acting manager?). I did specifically ask to know those things, but there was nothing noted on the repair order. Obviously, Pat can't do anything about it, but I figure if no one mentions it there's no chance anything will change. I still may speak with John (the Service Manager) when he gets back into town.

However, I also have something good to say to John. When I dropped the bike off I hadn't noticed that it was running particularly poor. The engine's always sounded a little rough, but it's been race bike rough and not something that seemed like a problem. I _have_ been having the stalling issue when coming down to an idle, but no other obvious issues.

The only thing noted on the repair order is that they replaced a spark plug (to the tune of $15). I'm not sure what else was adjusted that might have made such a difference but it's like I'm riding a new bike. From the moment I hit the starter I knew something was changed. For one, the rough engine sound is gone. Flutter now sounds the way she should--like a small Ferarri. The idle is so rock solid at 1250 it almost sounds fake. The surprises continued as I pulled away from the shop.

First of all, the clutch actuation is much smoother. Apparently, the bike REALLY needed an oil change. Then, as I cruised toward the freeway, the engine kept singing in notes I have never heard, begging to be (literally) throttled. She got her chance as I hit the freeway on-ramp. I think I may have dislocated a shoulder as I reached toward 110 in a distance matched only by R1s and their ilk. I had NO IDEA this bike could do anything like it, and seemingly without complaint.

I don't know exactly what happened to her while she was at PI, and I'm still a little irked by that, but whatever it was has left me with a much better machine than I rode in. I was so happy with the result I turned around to go back and tell Pat that while I might be quick to complain when something's wrong, I also like to be quick to compliment when things are right...and things are very right.

I've been comparing the Brutale 910 to the Z1000. I will no longer be making that comparison.
Good stuff, hey can you give me the link for the other Brutale forum please.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 04:51 AM

Good to see that they got the bike running right...that is their job afterall... I'd be sure to let the powers that be know that you are very dissapointed that such a simple request that was important to you was not fulfilled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 09:12 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode