1078 CF trim on a 1090RR? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

1078 CF trim on a 1090RR?

Ok, so while I tinker with and wait for some small things on the 1090RR, I am trying to get my list of CF 100% (so that when I finally get the money to order it all, I'm ready, lol) and decide what to do with the front trim/radiator pieces. I don't really like the large, covering radiator pieces that kind of protrude out, making the front look wider, and go all the way up and cover the front part of that wonderful red frame. So I'm thinking of getting the side radiator pieces from the 1078 that are slotted, to cover the sides of the radiator, and leave the portion of the frame up top open. Here are a couple of pictures for reference of the difference between the 1078 and 1090. The yellow arrows are what I am referring to.

Now, the green arrow on the 1078 are pieces I would consider using on both sides to keep the top of the valve cover protected (top on the coils and what not up there) while still being able to see the frame, but am wondering if those pieces would fit on a 1090, seeing as the frame is slightly different. Also you will notice there is one top bolt, and one bottom bolt holding them on. I do not have a place to put a bottom bolt, BUT could use the rubber plug hole on top as a second bolt hole...

All the CF I will be ordering will be a matte finished twill weave, which is very different from the oem plain gloss CF we are used to seeing, but I think it will go very well with the matte finish of the motorcycle. Another image attached for what that looks like.

List of CF parts to change/add so far:
- Front small fairing/gauge & wire cover
- Lower oil cooler "V"
- Rear hugger (none there now)
- Rear upper chain guard (not using the lower chain guard)
- Rear seat/pillion cover (not taking passengers very often)
- Key cover
- Side radiator covers for the 1078
- Possibly the "frame infill covers" from the 1078
- Possibly the headlight stay

Yes, the bike will be very black, and not very "shiny"... which is pretty much the way I like it Think of it as if Christian Bale, as Batman, had a 1090RR that he rode around on
Attached Images

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

No opinions? I thought everyone on here had one... I know I do... lol.

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 01:43 AM

I don't know anything about fit between the 1078 and 1099, but i like your plans. The high gloss black paint again the matte cf will look good. I have an 04 750 and have added a bunch of cf pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanksineededthat View Post
I don't know anything about fit between the 1078 and 1099, but i like your plans. The high gloss black paint again the matte cf will look good. I have an 04 750 and have added a bunch of cf pieces.
The paint on the 1090rr in that colpr scheme isn't gloss, it's matte, which is why I wanted to do a matte finished CF.

I want to narrow up the look on the front end, but not leave the area besteem the frame up in the top corner open.

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 07:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I can't imagine there is that much difference between the 1078 and the 1989 mounting points for body work.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
I can't imagine there is that much difference between the 1078 and the 1989 mounting points for body work.
The only difference I can see in the frame is the lower engine mount point in the middle. That changes the geometry and angles of the frame a little, but shouldn't be that much of a difference, maybe have to take off a little on the covers that go by the tree. I put the stock covers back on for now... but I'm not sold on the look... they just poke out too much imo.

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode