Check your turn signal lenses... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Check your turn signal lenses...

Me and a buddy were behind a closed down grocery store messing around when he came down on a wheelie a little hard.

The "driver side" amber turn signal lense popped off.

It seems from the factory, they're overtightened, as I checked the ones on my rear fender that aren't used anymore, and sure enough, they're overtightened, and cracked. Luckily, the other front signal isn't, but i still backed the screw out a little.

How tight are they? Tight enough to where it cracks the plastic hole it goes into causing it to shear off. And tight enough to where you need PLIERS ON THE SCREWDRIVER TO LOOSEN THEM!

I just swapped the one from my "passenger side" rear fender. Both will work, but they have little drain holes, so it's the opposite side for the rear.

Just thought I'de give everybody a heads up to check you lenses, as they may just pop off/fall out. Kinda like the headlight glass does....only not nearly as $$$.

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:45 PM

Are you sure the previous owner didn't over tighten them, maybe after changing the bulbs?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Bulbs have never been changed (you can see they're allthe OEM bulb with the little paint mark on them...why there's little paint marks...who the hell knows)....and it's HIGHLY unlikely that ALL FOUR would be tightened to the same extreme tightness. You can tell they've never been taken off.

Also, oddly enough, when I switched out the lenses, you HAVE TO USE THE SAME SCREW. So in my case, I couldn't just swap the lense, I had to also use the screw. it was wierd, cause even though they're the same screw/thread pitch, the screw that held on the front lense, wouldn't work on the rear lense, and neither did the rear screw on the front lense...so I had to take the same screw, and it threaded right in...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 PM

They are probably self tapping screws, commonly used to secure plastic parts. The hole they go into would have been unthreaded, and the screw makes its own path.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode