MV Agusta Forum banner

If I had to choose one item for my Brutale...

4K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  dumbcomputers 
#1 · (Edited)
When I bought my Brute from my friend, I figured the bike was well enough as is. It didn't need anything aftermarket and I didn't want anything aftermarket. Funny thing though, when I added something I knew I didn't need on the bike, suddenly I thought how did I ever do without it?

Case in point, today I installed an OHLINS Damper. Though my Brutale never showed signs of instability, headshake or wheel wobble, the Damper sure makes it feel steady as rock. The front tire tracks with a purpose now.
When I bought it from Pompone , he took the time to tell me how to set it up and it made a vast improvement.
The bumpy road I must take every morning I can now ride down with one hand if I wanted too.

If I had to choose just one item to install EVER on the Brutale, this would be it.

#5 ·
I had a huge issue with the stock Brutale rearsets.
They seemed a bit slippery, were way too small and not that adjustable for me.
The first mod that i did was to replace them with a set of Rizomas fully adjustable rearsets. I think that was the most important mod that i did.

Steering damper and bar end mirrors come in next.

#7 ·
What I'd choose....

When I bought my Brute from my friend, I figured the bike was well enough as is. It didn't need anything aftermarket and I didn't want anything aftermarket. Funny thing though, when I added something I knew I didn't need on the bike, suddenly I thought how did I ever do without it?

Case in point, today I installed an OHLINS Damper. Though my Brutale never showed signs of instability, headshake or wheel wobble, the Damper sure makes it feel steady as rock. The front tire tracks with a purpose now.

If I had to choose just one item to install EVER on the Brutale, this would be it.
22 year-old blonde female nympho with hard belly, big hooters, who just inherited a lot of money IF I could only have one thing on my Brut.:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate

#10 ·
Quite honestly, I have one of those Moto Corse full titanium on my 750 and i think the Arrow shortie sounds better!

#25 ·
#14 ·
One huge modification is actually one of the least expensive ...... get your OEM seat modified from Spencer Moto. Fifty bucks and your ass will thank you for miles to come.

For another 80.00, get the weighted bar-ends from Motovation to cut out any handlebar buzz. These 2 mods will make the bike soooo much more comfortable to ride.

#16 ·
That's a very tough call. I have performed a few modifications to the bike, and I like all of them. The new rotors are great for stopping. The damper is great for stearing control. The rearsets are great for keeping your feet on the pegs. The exhaust with PC3 is great for extra performance and reducing weight. The Carbon Fiber pieces are great for looks.

What's the most important thing for you?

#18 ·
What's the most important thing for you?

Well for me, reliability. I don't care how fast or slow it goes, I just want to get there, and then get home from there.
It's just with my Brutale running so good now, I get there a little faster and with a lot more style.

Interestingly enough, no one mentions tires as something they would add or change to make their bike better.
Is everyone satisfied with the stock meats?

#20 ·
Well I've always love Pilot Powers. My 910 came with them fitted. I will replace 'em with Pilot Power 2CT, when these are worn down.

I really want to loose the cat thats causing my right foot to be so hot, I'm sure once its gone it will lower engine temps slightly besides a little increase in hp.

#23 ·
if any of you are interested i may have some items coming up for sale soon
full titanium exhaust (moto corse system) will also include race E-prom
gilles rear sets(titanium color)
MV corse keyless flush mount gas cap(silver) just like ferroman's avatar
steering damper(scotts/ohlins) from motovation
haven't decided on prices yet but if your interested send a pm or email....

#24 ·
My main concern is safety of operation.
1) Scotts/Ohlins Damper
2) Lane Splitters/Bar Ends
3) FBF Rear Sets
4) Weight Reduction; Arrow Thunder/Full Exhaust

In that order.

#32 · (Edited)
Well...here's what I have installed so far.

Matris M4 Damper,
Power Commander IIIu,
Motovation Frame & Fork Sliders,
DataTool Digi Gear Indicator,
Rizoma Limit Mirrors,
Arrow Mid Pipe,
Clear Alternatives Brake Light & Front Turn Signals,
Custom Gel Seat,
Homemade Fender Eliminator,
OEM F4 Rear Hugger
CarbonWorld Rear Seat Cover (Custom Painted Red)
Motovation Bar Ends
Custom Brake/Clutch Reservoir covers
Lightech Rearsets
910R MV Corse Exhaust
FBF 41 tooth rear sprocket
EK 525 MVXZ Gold chain

If I was only able to pick one thing out of this list and only one thing. I would have to pick the Custom Gel Seat to be honest.

Here's my ranking:

1. Gel seat
2. Rizoma Mirrors
3. Power Commander
4. Matris Damper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.