New 750 s or '05 910s with 5000km
Same price
Which one???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I would say go with the '05 910. Seems many appreciate the increased power/torque over the 750, although they are both great machines! Same price, and the 910 does not have that many miles, can't go wrong!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevengolf
My first MV
Same price
Which one???
The good news is that you can't make a bad decision here, but having just been faced with a similar decision, I would have to recommend the 910. I was actually debating whether to get a used 750 or a new 910 and I opted to pay more for the new 910. It seems like you have a no-brainer on your hands. You have the benefit of more low-end torque and higher resale value - i.e. the 910 would be worth more in 1 year than the 750. I've only got 300 miles on my 910, so others may differ in their opinion, but for me the choice is clear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevengolf
My first MV
Same price
Which one???
Take the 910, you will grow out of the 750 in no time, you can keep the 910 for longer and make it a project bike.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:06 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
910, for sure. we have had this debate on the forum before...

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:30 AM

Well, I had the same debate with myself, and I say the 750.
I wouldn't buy I used one anyway, you never know what the previous owner did, or how it was broken in.

But, for me, it came to wanting a more revvy motor, cheaper insurance, and the matte black. Although I am very pleased that MV, unlike most companies, actually reduced weight when increasing displacement. This makes the 910 still fall into the 'middle-weight' class of bikes, while outputting significant power.

[edit]: Although the 910R looks more and more tempting every day.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:32 AM

tough choice

I think this choice is tougher than some may think. I too am going back & forth on this decision. I have seen the other differences/pros & cons mostly covered here. But one question still remains. I love the way the 750s delivers it's power. It's all excitement. gently building through the midrange & then exploding into the top end with the most glorious f1 style scream.......it's intoxicating!!!! But yet sometimes I'm left wanting more. Not at the top end, but in the middle. Obviously the 910 would address this issue. But how does this affect the sensation? Whereas the 750s power & torque curves peak at around the same revs the 910's torque explodes early & then tails off for for a long time while the power & rev's build. Best of both worlds perhaps? But how different does it feel, seat of the pants style.
My other doubt is the sound! what are the differences?
As there is no Brutale 910 demo for me to test in my area I will have to rely on what is discussed here and magazine reviews. I love My 750s, but It's time for a newbie????????
Help required please.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 07:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I think the thing that sums it up the most was back when the 910 was debuted, and the reviews were given....

This quote sums it up the best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist Online
In the end, choosing between this and the Brutale 750 is harder than expected. I’d assumed all that extra midrange muscle would make the bigger bike demonstrably better. If that’s what you like, it is. The 910 is easier to ride and slightly faster, but it’s also lost the smoothness and barking-mad bluster that make the 750 so much fun. Although most people will probably opt for the $14,500 910 when it arrives in America this fall, I’m not convinced. Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better.
There you have it. Mind blustering 2-stoke style fun, or literbike torqueyness. I've driven many a literbikes, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE TQ, and coming from a liter twin, TQ is something I'm missing. BUT, I love the scream and fun this bike has up top. I'm kinda wondering what they mean by lacking mid range, as midrange is aroundthe 6K mark, and that's where I have the most fun cause that's where the power starts kicking in...unless thier idea of midrange is 3-4K...but then what's considered bottom end?

All in all, you can't go wrong. Remember "Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better."....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie MV
you will grow out of the 750 in no time

JamesC

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC
I thought that was ludicris too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode