ECU issue - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

ECU issue

Hello guys,

im from Germany and owner of an 2011 brutale 1090 rr since yesterday. and i feel like im the happiest man alive. only weather could be better so i could go for a ride. now my question.

the pre owner mounted a original mv augusta exhaust manifold on the brutale and told me his dealer updated the ECU maps for that modification.

so far so good.

now i read in different forums and on the mv homepage that usually the exhaust manifold is delivered with another ECU and not that the ECU is flashed. so i wanted to know what is in there. but the number written on it confuses me.

i cant find anything about the number on the lable (8C00B3218) in the internet, only 8000B3218, 8A00B3218, 8B00B3218 and 8E00B3218. but this are for the 990R. and also B4Y10990... is written on the lable.

can somewone help me? is the wrong ECU in there? is it possible that the dealer has flashed the 990r ecu with a 1090 map? can another dealer find out what map is on the ECU?

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:20 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum mate.
The numbers on the ECU means nothing if it's been flashed. Why are you asking, is the bike running badly ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

the bike is running pretty good. but between 3000 and 4000 rps it feels like the torque is too low and when engine is cold the idle speed is "shaking". so i would like to test the standard setup. and at least when i have to go to the technical control (in germany every second year) the exhaust emissions will be measured so i have to go to the old setup with cat.
so you mean the hardware of the ecu is the same, only software is different? is it possible to flash another map by my self?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 11:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Spocki, your ECU should be a Magnetti Marelli 5SM. That ECU can be programmed with the correct software. It is adjustable by a knowledgeable technician.

That being said, the hunting at low RPM is a characteristic that can be tuned out. The ECU that comes with a deristricted (not cat) pipe is called the Race ECU and simply does away with the control of the exhaust sensor (only used below 3000rpm).

If it is running well, enjoy. If not, take it to a dyno guy who knows what he's doing and have the ECU tuned.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 04:29 AM

Found out today ,Working on Tonys 1090 rr If you do a decate you must physically unplug the electrical socket that controls the 2 wires that operate the exhaust valve ,if you don't the bike will not decelerate correctly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode