Which year 1090rr is the most reliable - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Which year 1090rr is the most reliable

Hi all B4 expert I'm looking to get into a 1090rr which year model is the most reliable and with the least electronics on board. Which year still uses older type of cable for its throttle.

I feel the need, the need for corner speed!
Rollen Artwork.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--~~~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 07:22 PM

I'd say from 2010 to present might be what your looking for. More reliable hub and SPU right out of the box . Of course if you find an older B4 with the improved hub and SPU, then it's a wash. I think the electronics across all years are relatively the same from a functionality standpoint .

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 07:58 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
I'd say from 2010 to present might be what your looking for. More reliable hub and SPU right out of the box . Of course if you find an older B4 with the improved hub and SPU, then it's a wash. I think the electronics across all years are relatively the same from a functionality standpoint .
I think you got the wrong end of that stick Matt, the 1090 was only ever available from 2010 to now, before that it was called the 1078RR.

I don't think they ever went fly by wire with the 1090's Rick :-)

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 04-02-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 12:57 AM

Best in my opion ,2010 to 2012.has the black motor and all fun down low in the rpm range,but no ABS
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 02:39 AM

New Site Garage
Did MV ever make/sell enough of each model to give a representative sample size for any kind of meaningful reliability calcs ?

In the total UK market of 65M people, there are around 50 x 1090RR on the roads and less than 500 Brutales of all models/size ever imported...they are rare, niche bikes.....some models are in single figures.

Just buy whatever you like, address the common failings, and enjoy it

Ive got a 1090RR, I liked the colour scheme of this particular model, otherwise may have gone for a 1090R with the 144bhp engine and added the mods to corsa spec. Or a late model 1078RR. The headline 158bhp of the RR model is just that; more power at the top end, and not that useful on the road

Im 2500 miles in and no issues, so far a "reliable" bike (touch wood!)

cheers
bogie
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I think you got the wrong end of that stick Matt, the 1090 was only ever available from 2010 to now, before that it was called the 1078RR.

I don't think they ever went fly by wire with the 1090's Rick :-)
Your correct. That's what I meant, the OP was asking for the 1090 specifically and i strayed off on being too general to all B4's

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. guys. Much appreciated, is that correct Donsy the 1090 never got the throttle by wire, even now. If so that's good thing me then.

Rollen Artwork.

--~~~~
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 03:42 AM

Hello Rick
I own a 2005f4 with 40.000 miles on it
apart from a cracked radiator , it has'n let me down yet..
Also own a 2012 brutale rr 15000 miles , not a single problem
exept a new battery cos I forgot to charge it in winter period.
You can buy a 2010 brutale onwards with youre eyes closed
they are bullet proof..(that's when Harley was a main shearholder and they took care off some quality issues..)
Indeed no fly by wire for our bikes basicly the engine and general design has not changed from 2010..
some new colours different wheels , exhaust design and the rr got 14 ponys more since
2012 the single r's have all the same engine since 2010.
Agusta has focussed heavely on there 3 cylinder platform the last 5 years..leaving the 4 cylinders a bit in the "cold"
they where working on a complete new 4 cyl engine to come out in 2017
but with all the financial whoo's , will it ever see the daylight???
cheers
Peter

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "TEAMWORK"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Peter Sweet no digital throttle on the B4, also staying away on the abs. Look like 2012 is the way to go.

Rollen Artwork.

--~~~~
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrick View Post
Thanks Peter Sweet no digital throttle on the B4, also staying away on the abs. Look like 2012 is the way to go.
they are al good
up to you to find the best deal... ;-)
cheers

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "TEAMWORK"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode