Scratched rim - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Scratched rim

So I finaly got around to taking my wheels and new tires to the local shop to have them swapped and balanced. when I picked them up I noticed a 3 inch long scrape down to the metal on the inside of the rear wheel. They said they didn`t know how it could have happened, and I pointed out that I inspected both rims in front of him when I droped them off. So his solution was to not charge me for the swap and balance for that rim and I can (easily) touch it up So now I beleve I`m left with the task of finding the right touch-up paint I know this is so small compared to what has hapened to some of my dear frends on this forum recently but I must vent
Chris

Last edited by cdamb; 06-09-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:50 AM

That royally SUCKS. I don't know what I would do. I am so anal retentive that I always want things perfect. I think I might try going after them to pay for a new rim. They must have insurance for this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 08:20 AM

This happens too often. I always swear I'm going to take pictures before I take my wheels in. It's really the best practice.

If this happens to you and the person downplays the damage, just ask them which car or bike is theirs in the parking lot. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a similar gash in their wheels. It can easily be touched up, right?

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
If this happens to you and the person downplays the damage, just ask them which car or bike is theirs in the parking lot. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a similar gash in their wheels. It can easily be touched up, right?
It always seems like places downplay damage. That's exactly what I say to them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 03:13 AM

I believe I know how this may have happened to your wheel. The machines that mount the wheels are prone to this unless the operator is exceptionally careful. The exact same thing happened to my bike. Luckily, I used to mount tires on car rims when I was in high school and had seen the exact same scratch before. Once I saw the archaic machine they used, I couldn't believe they worked on such pieces of art with it--no plastic protective pieces, just metal on metal. In fact, I would be interested to know (without slandering) who did this handy work. Really, I don't know what was more upsetting, the scratch or them insulting my intelligence by claiming I must have hit a rock or curb. To make a long story short, I explained that I knew what happened and after quite a debate I rode home with the rear wheel off of another showroom model. This wasn't even close to the first time I was let down by their service. Let us know what you come up with. I hate to hear about such tragedies.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 04:02 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Man... I am sorry to hear this happened to you. good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

The tire machine they use is pneumatic with plastic rim grabs and there was no silver paint flakes on them when I had him show it to me. So far I tried to touch up with some silver paint that I had around but when I buffed it out it went dark. I`ll have to contact my dealer for the proper paint.In the meantime I put them on the bike and am going to enjoy riding it. I don`t want to get caught up in a battle that ties up the bike during the rideing season. I used to recomend this shop alot to people and now the word of mouth is going to be that they are hackers.

chris
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Wouldn't be slander, it would be libel, BUT only if it's not true. You can say anything you want about someone as long as it's true.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode