exhaust bullshit - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

exhaust bullshit

Hi iam a 910R owner thats happy with the bike ( apart from mirrors,rear brake) but getting really pissed off with MV about the exhaust situation,just been told mid june for system to arrive,as was told mid may.Why does MV piss people about,had to wait ages for the bike yes worth the wait,but why all the lies and bollocks about the exhaust,this is putting me off any future visits to any MV dealer,has anyone any news,i feel like stuffing the bike back up the dealers ass and going to somewhere where aftersales mean something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
I understand why you feel this way, unfortunately this is the way it is with MV, you are not alone.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 04:09 PM

Relax, you have the bike. And it is a great bike. The dealer is at the mercy of MV and what they are told. Go for a ride and enjoy the bike...

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
ditto that. the mv 910 r is a spectacular beast
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 AM

I agree that my 910R is a great bike but I did factor in the exhaust system as part of the justification for the cost. No other bike company could get away with this kind of customer service. No wonder they are always in some sort of financial trouble! I doubt that I will buy another.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
Relax, you have the bike. And it is a great bike. The dealer is at the mercy of MV and what they are told. Go for a ride and enjoy the bike...
agree with that
you better get used to waiting on parts/gadgets : its ITALIAN
you will have your parts, stop wining and go ride the motherf****, thats where its made for (and it does a amazing job)
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 03:42 PM

I have put 1000 miles on mine , how about you? I have owned three Ducatis and have never had these kind of issues!
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-zone
I have put 1000 miles on mine , how about you? I have owned three Ducatis and have never had these kind of issues!
Did you Ducati come with an additional aftermarket exhaust?

MV has done this for a long time with special models, like the Senna, Ago. This is something new for the Brutale and obviously they made some miscalculation in availability. I would imagine that they had two options, one to hold delivery of the bikes, or two, deliver the bikes and then deliver the exhaust when it was available.

Let me ask you, what do you think is the hold up on the exhaust. Do you think MV is intentionally witholding them because they don't care? Do you think since MV doesn't build the exhaust themselves it might be some other problem with availability?

I can understand how you feel. I waited 5 months for my 910. I waited 5 months when I ordered a set of Marchesins. You feel like you're owed something, that you paid for it. I don't mean to trivialize that. I just want you to put it into perspective and maybe look at it from their point of view.

Jack
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 04:03 PM

Cagiva USA "informal" response

Guys,

Just got off the phone with Cagiva, US.

Gladio is right!

MV made a decision to deliver 910R prior to manufacture of race exhaust, yet to be delivered.

Exhausts are in some stage of manufacture/shipping and that answer is unclear to whom I spoke.

BUT be assured that as soon as Cagiva US has the exhausts, they will be shipped to the dealers and delivered to 910R owners as promised.

It will be a matter of month(s???). Patience is recommended.

Peter
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
No other bike company could get away with this kind of customer service. No wonder they are always in some sort of financial trouble!
Perhaps it's because the finacial issue of MV that there is more waiting!

FYI, I have been waiting for my Senna since 12/05, and still expect to wait another 6 weeks more, at least.

My feeling is that If one wants to have a great meal at a famous but small family run Italian bistro, than it wouldn't be reasonable to expect to have the same speedy food delivery of the McDonald's.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode