New Brutale Owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

New Brutale Owner

Hello all!!!!

I'm a new Brutale owner since last night..BUT the bike is in the UK and I'm in Maryland. My buddy and I are going to go to the IOM TT in June and I needed a bike to ride. We found one with some nice bits on it at a very fair price, so I decided to buy. It's a beauty with 10K miles on her and Gav says it runs great during the 120 mile ride home yesterday.

I know you all live for pictures, so here are some before the questions!!

So, some help from my new MV family:

The rear cans are the4 MV corse version and the cat has also been removed as you can see in the pics above. Does this setup usually come with a new ECU or chip for the possible change in fuelling??

I will assume that the front headers are stock?

At 10K miles, what services should I (really my UK buddy ) do before setting off for a week of high speed riding over the mountain?

Plugs? Recommendations?

Air filter?

Oil was changed last last year.

The rear hub bearings were replaced at 6K miles as they were found to be bad at an MOT inspection. I DO NOT have the service book but we do have some service receipts that I have yet to see.

Tires are 2 year old Michelin Powers and have LOTS of tread left, so I think I'm good there.

Front brake pad recommendations?? Rear brake seems to be typical italian ineffective.... Might be good for holding on a hill, but that seems to be all. Maybe a bleed and better pad choice?

Headlight lens is in the list of things to do. Gav taped it up before riding home yesterday.

Gav says the throttle seems a little bit sticky and doesn't "snap" back properly. I think it';s the bar end mirror and he will look into that. I have a different throttle setup on my Multistrada that slows the first 25% of movement and speeds up the rest of the throttle cation. Is there such a thing for the MV?

What does this mean??

Is there a special plug or something??

Do these engines respond to a power commander and some tuning time??

That's all for now. I hope the pics show enough to give you guys an idea of what I have. Any input you have will be great and quite useful!!

Jon
2007 Brutale 910s
UK Version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Which model is thatt?

Under the Diagnostica panel is where you will find the diagnostics terminal.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 01:10 PM

Jon, I have no technical advice but I have "you only live once" advice and you my friend have me beat by a long shot. Well done! IOM and you bought a bike in the UK. Super cool. Me? There is a 910R close to home w the right miles and price and I'm sitting around (truth is I'm full gas at work and simply don't have time) waiting for someone else to buy it? I need to take a page from your playbook. Have a great time...beautiful color combo btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:05 PM

That belly pan is really great, helps round out the look. Might have to get one of those next.

2014 Brutale 1090 RR / 2014 KTM 1190R / 2012 Triumph Bonneville SMQ / 2008 FJR 1300 /2009 Husqvarna TE310 / 1966 Metisse Desert Racer (2008 312R - sold; 2007 F4 - sold).

Last edited by davehg; 03-14-2016 at 02:12 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Great looking bike!
Yep, they are the stock headers.
NGK Iridium plugs and a BMC air filter work well.
A Power Commander 3usb will certainly help with the fueling, especially if you have a custom map done (recommended!).
Have a great TT week. What are you going to do with your Brutale afterwards?

Dave.

Last edited by Madjock; 03-14-2016 at 02:34 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

That is a 910s from 2007. It is interesting that the style and design are still very current and still a bit out there.

RK250, you must take control and do what you want in life. Go buy the 910r and have no regret. My dad told me to live life without regret but be candid, kind, and considerate. The older I get, the smarter my father gets... Don't wait to fulfill some dreams.

Madjock, thanks for the parts advice. I will keep the bike in the UK and use it when I travel there on biz. My company has an office just north of Birmingham and I get to the UK 3-4 times a year. Gav will keep it at his home and use it as well, to keep it stimulated.

I'm a Ducati rider at heart but have always had an eye for the MV's. The Brutale fit the bill for me as it has plenty of power, style and the right pose for what may be my only trip to the IOM. I ride a Multi with a bonkers built up engine. I have a few other Ducs as well, but the MV offers me a very different ride, so why not!

Jon
2007 Brutale 910s
UK Version
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 05:04 AM

The manual can be downloaded on this site. There should have been a valve adjustment service at 7500 miles. I'd look into that. Also, double check the hub pinch bolt torque. I believe it should be 15-20 nm. Many techs, owners etc make a critical mistake of over tightening this, resulting in a hub failure.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 04:43 PM

Right you are! I appreciate the advice, insight and the wisdom of our parents.
I agree, along the journey of life, there are those moments we should reflect on how fortunate and blessed some of are by our caring parents. Now go buy the goddamn scooter, yes?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:31 PM

welcome , looks great good luck

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK250 View Post
Right you are! I appreciate the advice, insight and the wisdom of our parents.
I agree, along the journey of life, there are those moments we should reflect on how fortunate and blessed some of are by our caring parents. Now go buy the goddamn scooter, yes?
Yes!! And ride it to work where you are spending all your time. Nothing better than exiting the office or factory to find your sccoter there waiting for you.

Jon
2007 Brutale 910s
UK Version

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode