Finally - out on my 1090!! It was sunny! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Finally - out on my 1090!! It was sunny!

After several months just sitting in my garage I finally dragged the MV out into the sunshine got some miles on the Brutale!! The weather was perfect today so I hooked up with a friend who was on his recently acquired BMW GS Adventure. We raided an old mate of mine down the road in Gloucester. I did around 100 miles on Its' first proper outing. It feels seriously quick, although I think I might knock the suspension back a notch as it reacts a little to harshly to ruts in the road surface. The bike is a beauty to ride and the only negative I can come up with so far is the dash readout is a bit pants and changing modes for the traction control, trip meter etc is frankly baffling. It could also be that I am old stupid...

The lad on the Adventure enjoyed himself and looks to have made a good acquisition there. the lad we visited is a fellow biker and has a FZ Fazer 1000 and was keen to see our new bikes. It was good to catch up over a cuppa and a few biccies too.

It was a cracking sunny day...easily the best weather of the year so far and great to be out on a bike, here's to many more this year!

So that's what it looks like outside the garage!

It got the seal of approval from my old mate Mike...

Hardened bikers on the tea and biccies...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 04:13 AM

Re the suspension harshness over the bumps. We have similar roads here and my dealer got rid of the butt spanking caused by ruts by adding more pre-load (pretty sure anyway). It was all black magic to me however when they used suitably small words it essentially stopped the spring 'over reacting' - my (likely incorrect) words for what they explained. In short by pre-compressing the spring it reacts smoother and in a more controlled fashion.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will explain it using the correct terms.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troz View Post
Re the suspension harshness over the bumps. We have similar roads here and my dealer got rid of the butt spanking caused by ruts by adding more pre-load (pretty sure anyway). It was all black magic to me however when they used suitably small words it essentially stopped the spring 'over reacting' - my (likely incorrect) words for what they explained. In short by pre-compressing the spring it reacts smoother and in a more controlled fashion.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will explain it using the correct terms.
Thanks for the reply, time for a fiddle as a man with a violin once said...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode