brutal at speed? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

brutal at speed?

Put some miles on this weekend, it was windy and I got smacked around like turd in a punch bowl. I was amazed how un-stable and how much effort it takes to rip it up when its windy. I got an Arai hat and at 100 it wants to come off. Can't imagine what its like to race this thing. I'm not bitching, I figure thats how it got its name, just wondering what others think Any one got comments, +100 mph experiences or suggestions...riding positions, helmets? etc.

Homer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:21 PM
The Dude

Just sorted out the 1st service. So i'll get back to you after this weekend....

currently sporting a shoei x-eleven. looking to get an arai corsair to compare. my other arai is definitely louder though.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
My daily trek to work is at speeds ~100MPH for 15 miles.

Honestly, it's still not AS BAD AS YOU WOULD THINK, coming off of a fairng'd bike. You'de initially think you'de get beat to death, and all though you do get tossed around a little, not as bad as you would think you would without fairings.

But, I'll agree with you, the difference in wind at 90MPH and 100MPH is HUGE...I dunno how, considering the wind between any other 10MPH difference isn't that big, even 80-90MPH. I can sit up at 85-90MPH...I can't sit up at 100MPH without it being bothersome.

If you guys think those are loud...wear a Suomy...it's like not wearing a lid at all. it's so loud...louder than a cheap-o helmet by far. but, it has virtually no lift, even if you look up, the helmet wants to stay on your head....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:07 AM

I agree in part with oicdn, my Suomy has zero lift and is completey stable at any speed attainable on the Brutale, but I don't think the Spec-1R is nearly as noisy as the Extreme for some reason. I also was actually surprised at HOW stable the bike is at high speeds, even 2 up at 120. Maybe you had a particularly bad crosswind?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 06:01 AM

Anyone tried a small nose fairing.I was out at the weekend also and can report exactly the same .
just wondered if there was a nice quality screen available to suit the Brute !!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:48 PM

I have a Barracuda windscreen and Shoei X11. Last week saw 154mph at Mosport with no stability problems whatsoever. Soften the front end to near full out on compression and rebound. Solid all the way.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 01:23 PM

First, the helmet lift... Was using an Arai but switched to a Schuberth due to the noise/lift/fatigue issues. The Schuberth is very quiet, extremely stable and allows me to ride with none of the neck/shoulder soreness that I got from the Arai. Suomys don't fit my head very well so I can't speak to their performance but the Schuberth made a world of difference in that regard.

The instability of the bike is likely due to suspension issues. If your bike was set up as poorly out of the box as mine was, you might want to do some mods. Not many people are familiar with the Marzocchis. I'm trying to gather info on mods/tips for the MV's but so far, not much at all...

MV suspension query
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 02:47 PM

my brutale keeps stable @ 150 Mph ?
you should check your suspension, tire pressure, ....
of course you take alot of wind on you with a naked bike (wouldnt want it any other way) from 120mph you have to adjust your position (chin on tank) if you want to drive with some 'comfort'
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 04:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MV-Ag...spagenameZWDVW

^^ If you want some helmet stability...

But chin on tank, works as the gauges provide more than adequate protection, as I don't hear wind, I pretty much only hear motor...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Good comments & information thanks to all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode