Stalling - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Stalling

Hi,

I have a 910 with 1,300 miles on it and the bike has been stalling lately. The first time it happened is when I pulled up to a light and shifted from first to neutral. The bike just cuts out. The second time, same thing. The third time is when I was coming around a sharp turn and shifted from 2 to 1 and it stalled. Anyone else experience this? I read a few other threads about stalling, but did see any resolution. I am thinking its the kickstand kill switch or maybe a clutch switch. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Rags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I read on an MV faq or somewhere, that the problem was remedied by new/different model spark plugs....I wish I knew/remember where I saw this....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I did read that advise, but I am not sure if that will work for me. The engine will just immediatly cut out once I shift gears. My idle speed is fine, its just when I have the clutch in and I shift from 1 to neutral or cross neutral like 2 to 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalrags
Hi,

I have a 910 with 1,300 miles on it and the bike has been stalling lately. The first time it happened is when I pulled up to a light and shifted from first to neutral. The bike just cuts out. The second time, same thing. The third time is when I was coming around a sharp turn and shifted from 2 to 1 and it stalled. Anyone else experience this? I read a few other threads about stalling, but did see any resolution. I am thinking its the kickstand kill switch or maybe a clutch switch. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Rags

Strangely, mine has started to do this at almost the exact same mileage!

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode