My pride and joy is a total!!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
My pride and joy is a total!!!!

Went for a ride with a few buddies Saturday and had a bad accident. I came upon some slow traffic, 4 cars going 35 in a 45 mph speed zone. When the passing lane opened I saw the road was clear to pass. While attempting to pass the 3rd vehicle which was pulling an empty car trailer, he decided to pass the car in front. His trailer took my Brutale 910 out so fast I never saw it leave my hands. The next thing I know Im laying on the trailer facing backwards on my side while trying not to fall off especially towards the inside of the trailer because it had an open bottom. Im going 50 mph with nothing to hold on to wondering if this a-hole is ever going to stop. At the last minute before completely stopping I fall off onto my back and roll to my stomach. My injuries consist of two scraped knuckles, a sore back and shoulder. Its absolutely amazing I landed on the guys trailer but had I rolled off in the wrong direction the back brace bar of the trailer would have hit me and if I had survived that surly the car behind us would likely have run me over. Im so fortunate I wasnt killed. The guy says he never saw mw but I suspect he never looked because I was 30 feet behind him just to the left of his trailer. It also turns out he didnt have any lights hooked up on the trailer he borrowed and it was his wife who was following him to hide the fact that his lights werent working.
The entire right side of my beautiful bike is road rash and Im sure its going to be a total.
The kick in the head came when the cop arrives and talks privately with the guy and his wife before coming up to me to say whats your story?
He threatens to give me a ticket for $153 dollars for multiple passing before even knowing all the details. When I mention the guys trailer lights he sees it a challenge and says you just bought yourself a $153 dollar ticket. He ended up not giving me the ticket, giving a verbal warning to the guy with the trailer for his lack of signals. The cop was so biased it was clearly obvious. The case is in the hands of my attorney. The guy never even reported the incident to his insurance company because the cop made him feel like he was at no fault.
I know if could have been worse; I could have been killed, but I want a new 910 Brutale to replace the one this jack-ass took from me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Well that is a sh!tty story. glad to hear you are ok, but i would go after that motorcycle hating cop with everything i got. good luck getting yourself another 910, maybe even an upgrade to an "R" wouldn't be a bad outcome either.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
That completely sucks ass dude...good to hear you "lucked out" on that one...keep us posted!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Unhappy

Hi, sorry your first post here is such a sad one. Glad you are Ok, but I agree with Greeneggs&ham, that Cop is a complete arsehole, when you get your new bike, run the tosser over with it.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Glad that you are ok, sorry this happened but I have to say: YOU ARE ONE LUCKY MAN!!!!!!!

So, time to get a new bike!

O D O N A T A

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:02 PM

File a police report now! Get a copy of any that are filed.

Jack
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Oh man! I hate to hear that. Thank god you are okay and all the best towards getting yourself on another 910. That cop is a jerk, and you should definitely not let him keep you from what you deserve.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:05 PM

be glad that are even alive to be mad. that's like unbelieveable. i would have nightmares for 2 weeks after something like that. but i agree, get a police report. you will need it for your insurance claim anyway.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:39 PM

Man, I hated reading that. Thank god you are still alive to talk about it. I would go after both those a-holes with everything you've got. That cop should loose his f'ing job. I am pissed as hell and this didn't happen to me! This is the second accident story I have read on this board today. Very bad news.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 04:40 PM

By the way, where was this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode