Brutale 1078 exhaust compatibility - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

This might help you ,On 29/05/2011 6:59 PM, Eddy Proietti wrote:
Hi John, I have no idea what is going on there, but any way hope to catch up with you, ok first off all you need to purchase a arrow mid pipe with lambda sensor provision. Next take of stock rear mufflers, undo the 2 holding bolts for the cat one each side .leave the bolts loose in there just for now. Get a piece of thin ply or cardboard and protect the radiator or thick rag whatever you have, now undo the header pipes. You might need a couple of mates to help, pull out the cat bolts, and move the front headers down, be careful you might have to muck around a bit to get them down.ok once out I will have to give you the correct cutting measurements which i will draw up for you, mine is perfect fit. On the back of the pipes near the 2 looking kind of rivets near the cat is a metal bracket you will have to grind this down with a 4 inch grinder, very easy to do, you will understand when i give you that measurement. Sorry almost forgot when you drop the cat have someone undo the lambda underneath. See if you can get to that first just make enough space and undo it.
My biggest concern was that the header pipes were not going to fit in the mid pipe, absolutely perfect fit no springs needed at all to hold everything together .this mod was easy and cheap and looks great, I will send you pics and cutting measurements, putting back together is easy, start with headers first, then mid pipe, then mufflers. Ok sound wise it is deeper ,i like it, horse power wise ? maybe better this is debatable as I have yet not used all the power of this bike, you may need to have the bike tuned again as mine was backfiring a lot, but i did buy this second hand and i reckon they had different pipes on it,2 small bumps on the radiator gave it away when they probably tried to pull the header pipes out, so you might be ok . anyway John if you are not feeling comfortable doing this come down for a visit and i will help you, i have all the tools and a 3 bay garage. I live at cashmere.ps: just put on a powercommander 5 ,will have this dynotuned in july by ozracing.biz,corbin seat arrives on the 10 july,crg arrow mirrors coming this week with blanks for the clutch and brake levers.bloody hell can not help myself.
Cheers eddy
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 10:36 PM

Brutale 1078 exhaust compatibility

Hi guys,
could you tell me if earlier MY brut ales like the 910s or 910r exhaust are compatible with the 1078 brutale? I eventually would like to decat the bike, but I will also need new headers and from time to time I see listed for sale headers/link pipe from earlier years.
Thank in advance.

2014 BMW 1200 GSW
2012 Triumph Thruxton
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 10:40 PM

New Site Garage
I cant say for sure about the 750 Brutale's, but I think they'll work.
Tailpipes or silencers are all the same, and as you know your mid pipe and headers are one piece, so if you get headers from a 910S or R, they will work with a link pipe from the same models also.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 04:00 PM

New Site Garage
some fit, but very close to the carter bottom, so yes they are different 1078 or 910 headers, because of hight of cil. block

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

Last edited by hb88xx; 11-23-2015 at 04:04 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 07:25 PM

Thank you...

2014 BMW 1200 GSW
2012 Triumph Thruxton
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Established Member

My 1078 with 910 headers and link pipe, picture doesnt show great detail but they do fit.
Attached Images

KLEIN
XTZ 1200
1078RR
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Just cut your original headers and buy a mid pipe, I can not find my full instructions on here , God knows how to find it , shows all the exact measurements to cut the pipes ,
By memory it was 35mm from the two little Co screws ,
Cheers eddy
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Just cut your original headers and buy a mid pipe, I can not find my full instructions on here , God knows how to find it , shows all the exact measurements to cut the pipes ,
Cheers eddy
I did the mod this way as well, but didn't write down any measurements. Stupid me.
Works a treat without the cost of new headers.

Dave.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Cheers eddy
Think this might be it Eddy??.....post 10 etc and then on to the bottom of the page....http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40220

Brian
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:50 PM

New Site Garage
Thanks Brian, now I just have to figure out how to make it copy the post to last in line and not by date.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode