another Brutale 910 question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

another Brutale 910 question

I have read in some reviews that the 910 can suffer from an abrupt or on/off like throttle response, which can really unsettle the bike midturn if your not careful. Is this true? if so will a power commander and dyno time fix this? What are the differences here compared to 750s?
Just going through the decision making process, your comments are much appreciated. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 PM

It seems most modern MV's (and many other makes of bikes) suffer from the on-off herky jerkies.

It is a combination of the quick response of FI, poor initial fuel mapping, and light engine mass that amplifies this situation.
Good dealer set up such as good throttle body balance, TPS, and proper CO set up can help this.

Since many dealers do not do this, or cannot do this, or won't do this forces owners to find remedies.

Aftermarket items can help in many ways, but figuring out how to properly set them up also presents problems.

Good dealers, or good aftermarket items can fix any problem.

Guess which one I like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Airfuel. I understand then your in the tuning game. So you have seen good results then with the 910? My 750s responded sweetly to PC3 & mapping, just curious before making the choice between another 750 or 910.
Would appreciate your input.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 AM

my dealer citymotocycles in belgium wrote the first mapping for MV Agusta (they bought it from them)
so i guess im good with my dealer

the on/off is something you have to like (witch i certenly do)
my previous bike was a Cagiva Raptor 1000 and had the same character

BUT !!!!!!!
the most importent thing in fastbike driving is : THROTTLE CONTROL
you must master this if you want smooth driving with MV Agusta
(750-910-1000)

wanne know more about throttle control ? buy the 2 books of Keith Code :
The Twist Of The Wrist 1 and 2

Throttle control is THE most important thing in high speed moto driving

aftermarket products are fine, but they do not improve the driving skills of the driver himself

I would certenly recommend to read these books (you will be thankfull to me later)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:22 AM

having just done Keith Code school the most important thing I took away was: once you have the lean angle set roll the throttle on through the rest of the turn. On and off throttle generally speaking is just bad technique
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 03:15 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika
having just done Keith Code school the most important thing I took away was: once you have the lean angle set roll the throttle on through the rest of the turn. On and off throttle generally speaking is just bad technique
40/60 weight transfer, happy suspension makes a stable turn.

I also remember it... great class.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 721
Thanks Airfuel. So you have seen good results then with the 910?
My 910R had a strange feeling when going back on the throttle.

When slowely rolling back on, the bike felt like it actually slowed or paused before picking up power. I carefully mapped the small throttle positions,
(0-2-5% throttle) and it greatly improved.
More carefull mapping will happen when I get the full exhaust.

John T
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 06:54 AM

Your getting excellent advise, from the guys. Engine performance aside, Here are some of the things I've learned over the years.

If your wanting to go fast in the corners, steady as she goes is a must. Get your down shifting and breaking done in a straight line. Get your self to a suitable RPM to run approx 1/2 throttle through the corner, after apex increase throttle after you begin pivoting the bike back up, and then your ready to nail the next gear at corner exit.

One more key thing for corners, look where you want to go. If your moving faster than you feel you can handle bend your neck and look past the corner down the road a bit do not look at the approaching edge of the road / track surface you will go where you look and only a slight roll off of the throttle, but continue to look where you wish to end up.

and another thing if you apply pressure (a slight push) to your left grip for a left turn the bike will pivot toward the pavement and help you corner, same for right side!

Homer
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
and another thing if you apply pressure (a slight push) to your left grip for a left turn the bike will pivot toward the pavement and help you corner, same for right side!

Homer
that is counter steering (twist of the wrist)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode