Exhaust - Mid-pipe (again..) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust - Mid-pipe (again..)

Hi guys! I know that much has been written on this, but i am still confused in this matter, especially after yesterday, when i spoke directly to Emoto UK
http://www.emotouk.com
At this point i had finally made a decision and wanted to order Sil Motors midpipe:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exha...e/silmotor.htm
but they more or less warned me(!) for Sil Motors exhaust mid pipe and said they will stop selling it due to quality problems.

They also, more or less, said the same thing about Arrow:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exha...tale/arrow.htm

The only Midpipe they did recommend is this German made, they said it is the only one with good enough welding quality etc:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exha.../linkpipes.htm

Does anyone have experiences of any of these alternatives, or of all of them?
Or perhaps another choise? (..except for the stock "all-the-way-from-the-cylinders-very-expensive" version)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 05:50 AM

Don't know why people says Arrows are bad quality...I have them fitted and I'm happy with them. To be honest, I wouldīt difference the quality from the original collectors to the arrows midpipe (if they where there originally).
To much purism I think
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks FERROMAN
You have Arrow Silencers as well? I want to keep the originals, and only bypass the mid....silencer thing!
One more thing i forgot to mention: About the Sil Motor alternative, they said there had been leekage problems (i understood it as it came from fitting-to-the-original-system problems)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 AM

Hi there the_thomas...yes I've got the "silencers" as well. But I you want my advise, do what your thinking of (keep the originals) Maybe I went to fast when I order them. The original ones look much better (they look "Brutale"). Another thing is the sound...arrows ones are simply music to my ears but I would change that extra sound for the extra look...donīt know if you would as well.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
...Another thing is the sound...arrows ones are simply music to my ears but I would change that extra sound for the extra look...donīt know if you would as well.

Hehe
Well this is a terrible hard one Trade sound for looks?, or the other way around.. I will mount a new midpipe and to begin with, keep the originals.
Cheers!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:32 AM

Good choice...after you've done it, let me know how it feels and sounds
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Established Member

Hi I bought the still moto link pipe (good price Ģ250.00) This was a pig to fit no outlet to set the co.2 ,this leaked from the joint no spring retaining clip spoke to E moto they said they have sold loads with no problem (dont need spring retaining clip as it is held at the back and the front.
Have orderded new German link pipe from E Moto so i can have co.2 set up and hopfully no leaks .hoping for an exchange from emoto (boss to make desision quote Geoff) I would like to say this is not slagging them i have spent over Ģ1500.00 with them and are satisfied with their stuff ,you only question this when you here that other people are having the same problems as me this is my 3 reply hope i am not bitching too much
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Established Member

I still have the stock exhaust on my 750 Brutale, and was hoping to descide what to go for soon. But it seems I'm not able to make up my mind. NEED HELP!
I'm not planning to put in the PowerCommander, because it seems that it's very important to have a really good company to do the tuning/maping on this, and at my location, this will not be easy I think.
So I'm leaning towards the MV SP Ti headers with new Eprom included (keeping my inox stock silencers), but the price is stiff offcause.
Another option is to go for just the midpipe (German made model witout new Eprom from Emoto, or the MotoCorse midpipe in Ti with Eprom included, also from Emoto).
Not sure about the complete Ti system from MotoCorse (the one that looks like the stock one) - it seems not to come with a new Eprom.
So with prices from Ģ350 up to apprx. Ģ1700 - I'm not sure what I will get.
What I'm looking for is some more sound, as well as some HP/tourque, but if the engine will have trouble with smooth running (on lower RPM someone stated earlier - I'm aware that the fun is higher up), and the fuel issue will be even worse, I don't know what to do.
Is it, or isn't it a must with a new chip/Eprom, when getting rid of the catalyst?
Some of you have replied to me earlier, and I thank you, but I need some more info before making up my mind.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Hi there, "weld mva"
Let me know how your new german mid pipe works, once you have it installed!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Established Member

no problem also going for the twin arrow pipes bmc filter power comander and rolling road set up ,but will be doing it in stages Emoto have promised me the pipe will be here Monday fingers crossed so will fit it and try it out will be in touch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode