Brutale vs ... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Brutale vs ...

I purchased my 2006 brutale 910 a few months ago and haven't had a chance to ride it much for a number of reasons. It is as beautiful in person as advertised but I'm curious how brute owners would compare it to others you've owned.

I have a highly modified fz1 which I love and is somewhat similar but I wanted a special and unique bike to replace my Ducati 1198 (RIP - totaled by texting teen). Brutale had a great combo of performance, looks, ergos and rareness all for $6,000. Which is funny being that I have another $1500 plus already in SPU, mirrors, shipping, grips, front blinkers, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I LOVE my 910R.....there may be other bikes that do certain things better, but I have never felt more comfortably in control on any other street bike I've had the opportunity to ride.

That said, progress marches on......lot of new stuff out there I haven't ridden yet, but none of them look as good as my MV....and I don't see myself coming around every corner either.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 01:54 PM

O owned a FZ1 and I have a 1090RR and there is no comparison. The 1090RR is so much better in every aspect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 12:50 AM

I had a B910 s 2004 which I liked very much, after coming from a Aprilia Tuono (well sorted in the end) and the Brutale felt better.
Sold the 910s for reasons ....
Anyway, bough an 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC - the bike has lots of power, riding modes, quickshift etc, was doing EVERYTHING extremely well, but
I traded it for a 2008 Brutale 1078RR - for me a much better bike, more raw, direct, no ride by wire.

So for me the Brutale rocks!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 03:34 AM

Oh ,the best choice
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 04:25 AM

New Site Garage
I choose a Dragster RR because I'm quirky (and so is the bike) having been away from the road bike scene for 10 years (Was MX Racing National level)

Before that I had a Benelli Tornado Tre 900 which was like a MV only alot less reliable. I sold what was left of it after half of it falling off over the Isle of Man TT 2006. The video is still on youtube somewhere

The MV is everything I wanted it to be...Im just hoping they bring out a faster version in the next year. I think I went for it as I dont like inline 4 pots and love italian bikes 'feel'. Im a twin man really but the Benelli was raw and the triple was amazing. Got the MV hoping for the same which it 70% is

Previous road bike have been;

1 x Tornado Tre
2 x RSV Mille
1 x SP1
2 x R1
4x R6
1 x SV650S

Had a ZX6R (Old G1) and a Duc 748 both for a few weeks but didnt like either so sold quick

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Established Member

My FZ1 pictured was no way as good as my 1078 brutale, the fz was much softer in every way and less focused than the brutale.
Attached Images

KLEIN
XTZ 1200
1078RR
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 03:45 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Oh ,the best choice
+1!

Cheers

Deano
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Interesting that many of you have had the FZ1. I still have my FZ1, too much money into it to sell.

MV will be treated to only the best weather days and shorter rides. The FZ will go any day, any weather, any distance. Agree that the FZ is softer more suited for longer distances.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I LOVE my 910R.....there may be other bikes that do certain things better, but I have never felt more comfortably in control on any other street bike I've had the opportunity to ride.

That said, progress marches on......lot of new stuff out there I haven't ridden yet, but none of them look as good as my MV....and I don't see myself coming around every corner either.
Ed;

+1000

I LOVE my 910R too......

BEST BIKE I've ever owned.....just turned 30,000Mi yesterday

burned out 2 low beams........ thats it folks....ZERO ISSUES

still on the original chain and EBC brake pads, battery lasted 7 years, replaced with a

stock Yasua

now if my wallowing pig R1150GS, didn't need the valves done and heads retorqued

every 6,000

I've never touched the MV motor other than oil changes.......valve cover weeps a few

drops per MONTH LOLOL....... not worth the work

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode