Brutale seat? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale seat?

I have a 2004 750 Brutale, anyone know if the later models (with the same body style) have a softer seat foam?

I would buy a newer seat if that was the case...I've had it for 9 years and would ride it more with more comfort. I've tried some different shock options and improved it a little. I don't expect it to be a tourer but it's pretty harsh right now.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 06:03 PM

New Site Garage
Adrian,

Mines 2009 and they didn't get any more comfortable. It's more the shape than the foam. I bought a Corbin seat. Heaps more comfort and looks better. Be a lot cheaper for you over there and quicker I'd expect (3 month wait here).

Cheers

Deano
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Big Randaddy

I've been told that pressure treated pine works better than the stock seat. It's worth a try, but watch for splinters.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 06:27 PM

Corbin, perfect
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Corbin

I've looked at the Corbin, I'd expect it to feel better sitting still, looks like it would be better.

I'd be hoping for it to feel like it softens the suspension a bit.....any chance of that?

I've been experimenting with foam to get a feel, a foam/rubbery gardening mat for entertainment......seem to soften the suspension hits......that's my biggest reason for a new seat.....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 01:18 AM

New Site Garage
Plenty of threads here on suspension set up. It will definitely soften the suspension hits but wont help with the seat.

Cheers

Deano
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:49 AM

Yes mine was a bitch ,every bump would go up your spine ,at the end I replaced the rear shock with a Nitron shock ,this gave me more adjustability ,what a lot of people think is the high compression setting is for high speed ,totally incorrect ,turn out the high compression setting and set it to fully open ,in other words no resistance . this will take up some of those hard pumps.Now the seat change is a must no way out . Ok now you have done the rear shock guess what time for the front shocks .loosen the spring tension ,start with say 2 turns ,try it and see how it feels,i in the end changed the innards and used andreani for my front forks,big difference.I actually felt the same way as you did,but now can do 500km a day no problems.

cheers eddy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the input guys. I tried three different spring rates on the rear (ohlins spring fits on Sachs shock, springs and shock for sale if interested) finally put a nitron on it, little better. Tried lots of different settings front and rear. Slow progress. Think I'll get the Corbin. I do think the front needs work next....rebuild.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Look up Spencer Seats.....

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

He can make your seat what you want it to be...and not too expensive either.

Several Brutale seats done in the past with good reviews..

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 09-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode