MV Corse OL4 Exhaust - remove dB killers ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
MV Corse OL4 Exhaust - remove dB killers ?

Ok, so I got my lovely new OL4 exhaust fitted. I had to mess around a bit loosening and re-tightening the mounting bracket, but got there in the end

Is 5-10mm of clearance from lower can to the rear tyre is "normal " ? I cant remember how much clearance the original had

How do you get the dB killers out ?

thanks

cheers
bogie

Last edited by bogie; 08-13-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Established Member

Remove DB Killers...

Take a close look at the exhaust outlet. You'll see a socket head cap screw that you'll need an allen wrench to remove. They are at the top of the opening on each silencer. You wont see them unless you bend down and examine closely... Once the fasteners are removed the DB's should pull out.

Assuming you have found and removed the fasteners, but still cannot remove the DB's, take a thick piece of wire, loop it through the hole in the inner DB silencer core and use the wire like a slide hammer... The DB will relent eventually...

Don't go crazy, that Ti canister is thin!

Pictures for reference...

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...=ol4+silencers

That clearance number seems tight, but as long as the tab on the silencers is fully seated in the header outlet then you've done all you can do. It's there to establish a hard locating point.

Last edited by jones525; 08-15-2015 at 08:40 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
thanks, that really helped me find the allen bolts.

All sorted now, a coat hanger was the ideal tool to get the dB killers out ...it sounds great. I still have the cat/valve/OE headers for now so the dB killers out seems just the right amount of volume, not too obnoxious

I did pull the lower silencer to the right as much as it would go, before tightening up the mounting bolts fully...it does seem near to tyre, probably 10mm clearance. Will keep an eye on it and readjust if necessary. The upper silencer looks like it has a few mm clear when the rear wheel moves up/down, ive have them loosened and tried to get more clearance, but seems that's as much as it will move

cheers
bogie

Last edited by bogie; 08-16-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode