lower heat gaurd(below rear brake) broke off.. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

lower heat gaurd(below rear brake) broke off..

From my '13 1090. THere is a heat shield that covers the exhaust valve found on the belly by the rear brake.

It just literally fell off while i was riding.. well, i heard it dragging on the ground, then stopped to look at it, then went to pry it back up and it was so fragile it broke -- the tinny sheet metal snapped around the lower fasteners.

Seems like an odd failure.. was wondering if it has happened to anyone else.. my bike only has 3k miles on it and is very well kept. Was planning on stopping by the dealer to make a warranty claim.

On the subject of warranty claims -- the warranty booklet says the factory warranty isnt valid unless you fill out and mail in the warranty card.. cant imagine too many people actually do that.. and id assume a dealer "marks" the vehicle sold to establish an "in service date." Anyone actually send their card in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 09:45 AM

You better believe I sent my warranty card back after spending $18K . I don't want to give anyone an excuse not to offer service. I never had anything like that fall off my bike yet, but I usually go over it every so often and re tighten things .

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode