New Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

New Brutale

Hi.
I just picked up a 2005 750 Brutale to use as a track bike.
A few questions for those more knowledgeable than me.
Will the 750 F4 fairings fit the Brutale?
What clip ons will fit or is there a better way to get the bars a bit lower?
Thanks
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:27 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum mate. Race fairings from F4 can be made to fit onto a Brutale, it'll just be a bit tricky to sort out the fastening positions down the sides, and you'll have to use the F4 race fairing brackets.
You'll have to replace the bars etc. It'll be a lot easier to get an F4.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
I already have the Brutale. It was a nice bike at a real good price.
For a track bike I feel the handlebars are too high. I am looking at clip ons or a set of flatter bars.
Another question, what does the clutch switch do. I assume it won't let you start it in gear. If I remove the left hand handle bar switch will the bike still start if it is in neutral?
I cannot test this at present as I am waiting on a new battery.
Regards Alan Case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 12:20 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome aboard Alan ..please don't forget to take some before and after shots for the crew.

I wouldn't worry about the fairing, I'd be more inclined to put engine & clutch sliders on.(SATO Gear IMO)

I swapped out the original bars for a Ducati Monster set....slightly lower and wider - but switching to clip-ons will definitely change it up a whole new level.

Bike will try to start when in gear - pending if the foot stand is up (foot stand down it wont start).

photos...photos....photos

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

I will post a few pics this weekend.
No much of a looker at present.
I am fairly sure it has been a rebuild of 2 bikes. (Cannot be registered for road use so track bike only)
It is mainly black with a red front guard. A few bits of carbon around it with an Arrow pipe.
I have the original red tank and cannot see anything wrong with it. The black tank on it has the decals for the 910.
I have a very recent dyno chart which is 113 HP at the rear wheel.
I will put on frame sliders but I was also hoping to get the top part of a fairing on it. Something to send the wind over the top of my helmet.

A question, what do you guys do if you use the rear axle sliders and still want to use a track stand?

Regards Alan

Last edited by AlanCase; 07-11-2015 at 03:02 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 07:56 PM

New Site Garage
Some rear axle sliders allow for the use of a rear stand similar to the ones used on a double swing arm bike, they have shirt extensions on them, which act as the bobbins would on another bike.
Like these http://www.designcorse.com/mv-agusta...sliders-detail you can get them for front and rear axle.

Are you still using the headlight ? If you do then the Brutale style wind breakers are probably your only option.

Engine sliders, both left and right is highly recommended, the amount of guys who have ignored this and paid dearly for it afterwords is quite scary. There's oil channels right on the edge of the motor which get damaged very easily, and that black cap on the r/h side of the motor is the only thing separating the road form your crankshaft.
Make sure your hub bearings are good and don't over tension that chain. Have you downloaded the workshop manuals ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 07-11-2015 at 10:33 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 06:54 PM

+1 on the crank case cover protection...if you fall on this side it gets ground down to the block and it's not an area you can easily re-weld/rebuild.

The F4 fairings will fit dimensionally however the Brutale doesn't have the headlight mounting bracket at the headstock that the F4 has as well as the side Dzus mounting clips (like Donsy said).

You can however swap frames with an F4 of the same generation...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode