Quick Connect Fuel Fitting Replacement - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quick Connect Fuel Fitting Replacement

I screwed up. I'm not sure where I got the numbers, but the chrome quick connects I ordered to replace the plastic ones are too big.

Of course, I mangled one of the plastic fittings while removing it (how are you supposed to get those out without damaging them? There is no room to both get a tool in there AND turn it.

Anyhow, I'm off to the stealer in the morning in order to buy a replacement plastic fitting, but I'd sure like to switch over to something sturdier. Does anyone know the necessary information to order an appropriate replacement?

Thanks,

-Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Nevermind,

I found the right part number. I have no idea how I wound up ordering the wrong part. I'll call Omega in the morning and see if they'll take an exchange.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomanach
I screwed up. I'm not sure where I got the numbers, but the chrome quick connects I ordered to replace the plastic ones are too big.

Of course, I mangled one of the plastic fittings while removing it (how are you supposed to get those out without damaging them? There is no room to both get a tool in there AND turn it.

Anyhow, I'm off to the stealer in the morning in order to buy a replacement plastic fitting, but I'd sure like to switch over to something sturdier. Does anyone know the necessary information to order an appropriate replacement?

Thanks,

-Hunter
I did the same thing, I suspect you got the info from the "faq blogspot" web site, it was wrong, I think it has been altered now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
I did the same thing, I suspect you got the info from the "faq blogspot" web site, it was wrong, I think it has been altered now
I ordered part # FT-LCD100-04 and FT-LCD230-06 (2 each)

Are these the correct numbers?? I have not tried to install them yet and would like to be spared a headache.

John T
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:45 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
I ordered part # FT-LCD100-04 and FT-LCD230-06 (2 each)

Are these the correct numbers?? I have not tried to install them yet and would like to be spared a headache.

John T
These are the correct nr's

P/N FT-LCD100-04 - Coupling Body or threaded part that fits into tank
P/N FT-LCD230-06 - Hose Barb or part that fits on hose

and they are on : http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/fu...-fittings.html

And sure it is correct as I fitted them and made the pics.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomanach
Hi Hunter,

Altoon on here has been dealing with this issue over the last few days and has spare metal fittings if I remember correctly - he's also in CA. Perhaps he can chime in. The FAQ was corrected but the old numbers were used by at least 3 people successfully so I'm not sure what happened either - the number issue turned up when Mike went to swap his and couldn't. Anyway the new numbers were confirmed by Hans as well.

I have sent out all my spare fittings over time I'm afraid or I'd offer to overnight one to you.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
I've got the right ones.
Just put a set into my F4. Did both the fuel pump output and the return line. Works great.

Let me know if you want a set. I can send them to you. They are $11/ea. You'll need 4 (two on the tank, two on the fuel lines) if you want to do a full swap.

BTW, that price was my cost.

Not sure what shipping will be, but if you're in the USA, it's about $4 to get them in two days.

Let me know.

Alex
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
They are $11/ea. You'll need 4 (two on the tank, two on the fuel lines) if you want to do a full swap.
Alex
I just bought some from Omega recently. They are $12.39 & $12.62 plus shipping now...

....shay hullo to my lille friend
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 04:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranmarashi
I just bought some from Omega recently. They are $12.39 & $12.62 plus shipping now...
Interesting. Guess my local source is a little less expensive than Omega.

BTW, the OEM for these is Colder Products. They were the ones that directed me to a local vendor.

Omega is another reseller.

Alex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode