Introduction and a pic - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Introduction and a pic - updates

Picked this up the other day, it's a 2006. 1525 miles with titanium pipes, pretty much as new without a flaw. Had a 1200 mile service recently and does not really need anything. I did a lot of research here before I purchased and it doesn't have any issues yet except the headlight is slightly loose at the mounting points (not the lens). I loosened chain a bit and will change tires as they are original. They softened slightly after a few heat cycles but should be replaced. I'm also scheduling suspension set up asap.

I have a lot of experience on many many bikes, but this bike is nuts. Mind boggling acceleration from the mid range on up particularly on tighter roads. Suspension is brutal on slower choppy roads but bike comes to life on fast smooth surfaces. My main riding is in northeast PA/northwest NJ back road hilly terrain which is probably tailor made for this bike except the choppy stuff. Anyhow, wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone already for the information that was very helpful when researching this purchase.
Attached Images

Last edited by i_m_jon; 07-08-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 04:28 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome,

Nice bike you wont regret. Suspension can be a bit harsh but some adjustment will help. My pre-load on the forks was wound in 4/5 turns and I backed it out to 1/2 turns which worked for me. Don't know your weight so I wont comment further. Plenty of posts on the subject here. TAPE THAT HEADLIGHT!! You wont even notice some good quality electrical tape round the edge but you will notice when it falls out before you re-glue it properly, and trust me it will. Leaves a big hole in the headlight casing and a bigger one in your pocket! I'm so paranoid I have tape around my new upgraded(?) one. Anyway, enjoy.

Cheers

Deano
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Welcome aboard, enjoy your bike and the miles of smiles it will bring.
Still can't get my head around how a 9 year old bike can only have 1500 miles. I know they are timeless design, but they are way better on the road than sitting in a museum or lounge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family.....your choice is impeccable......truly a great bike!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 05:00 AM

Congrats, I'll wave if we pass on the wonderful NJ back roads

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 05:37 AM

Oh ,welcome ,love the color scheme,wonder why?

cheers eddy

Jon No idea how these bikes have such low mileage
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 08:47 AM

Congrats and welcome.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 09:31 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 01:42 PM

The rear shock for that year is not the best. You may want to invest in an aftermarket piece. Welcome and enjoy
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
The rear shock for that year is not the best. You may want to invest in an aftermarket piece. Welcome and enjoy
My suspension guy said the same thing. He is not a fan. He is highly competent but right away was talking either replace the shock or consider the potential of new spring and revalving and it still being limited in potential. Man, I don't have the $$$ for an Ohlins or whatever, I just bought the bike last week.

I was really hoping to just set-up the bike properly for my weight and learn how ride it. I can live with imperfect and still have a hell of a time.

I am planning to stick to my original idea of a baseline set-up with the Sachs that's on it for my weight and take it from there. He said Ohlins should make a spring that fits if that is really a problem. Does anyone know the weight range of the original spring? I'm 5'8" 155lbs, without gear.

Last edited by i_m_jon; 06-15-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode